• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I was kinda hoping for a nice cleansing storm, and we got nuthin' here. Dunelaker posted a pretty current representation of just a windy summer evening. That's it. But we're liable to have a interesting week or two...

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Hmmm. Seagrove Beach in Walton County just mentioned on The Weather Channel. 6:51 p.m. CST TWC just said the storm had turned north and headed for Seagrove Beach rather than its more direct westerly direction. Still not raining here. Sort of reminds me of TS Harry which hit at night. I hope it doesn't gain any intensity like Harry did some years back. I'm heading out to watch a nice sunset.

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
What are the expected winds from Claudette? Dr. Steve Lyons said it is going to come ashore near Destin and it looked like he was pointing to Walton Co.

Steve Lyons just said Claudette has taken a more northerly turn now pointing it toward Seagrove Beach. I hope Ana is already gone by the end of this week. We are due in the following Friday at the beach. St. George Island was one place we were going to visit, hopefully there won't be much damage from Claudette there. They are showing two different projected paths for Ana, and Bill looks like it is projected to stay along the Atlantic, but it could be a Cat 3 by landfall.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Is it really windy? If anyone passes by Casa Scooterbug, if you could take the hanging plants on the porch down, that would be great! :wave:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Too Far Tampa: are you in Seagrove or Tampa?:dunno:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Not windy, yet. But, at 7:05 p.m. had this random rush of a breeze. Waves have picked up somewhat, too. Can just see the beach and the foam from the waves in a darkening, gloomy sky. I think I have someone to check on your plants, Scooty. BTW was TWC's Jim Cantore in Panama City Beach about 15 minutes ago? Wonder if he'll come over to Alys Beach in South Walton for the evening. What was that thread about him visiting Alys Beach a little while ago for recreational purposes, I believe.