• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Unpopular Opinion

New posts
In general or if they aren't in good mental health?

Good luck codifying something like that since that age group is most likely to vote.
 
I’m in my late 60’s and I’ve learned a couple of things: my brain just doesn’t work as well as it did. I make a few more mistakes here and there. But, I feel I have gained a broader understanding of most of the issues of life, if not some modicum of wisdom. So, I might suggest a cut off age of 70-72.
 
I’m in my late 60’s and I’ve learned a couple of things: my brain just doesn’t work as well as it did. I make a few more mistakes here and there. But, I feel I have gained a broader understanding of most of the issues of life, if not some modicum of wisdom. So, I might suggest a cut off age of 70-72.
I'd like to reduce mistakes by people making life altering, and life and death decisions. People who are mentally sharp make enough of them. The things you've learned should benefit us. Please do give your advice, not your mistakes.
Also older people who are fine day to day if under stress and worn down are going to make more mistakes.
 
I'll play.

Giant stacked burgers are ridiculous. If you must serve me a giant burger, spread out, not up. Or serve me 2 small ones even.
 
Healthcare should be a basic human right. Especially in a country like ours which prides itself in leading the world in human rights. At least in the recent past. Other countries believe it and reveal our shame. Without healthy citizens, no other right or liberty is truly possible and creates a debtor nation.
 
Healthcare should be a basic human right. Especially in a country like ours which prides itself in leading the world in human rights. At least in the recent past. Other countries believe it and reveal our shame. Without healthy citizens, no other right or liberty is truly possible and creates a debtor nation.

I traveled to many countries with a national health service where people pay higher taxes (on just about everything) however our news outlets fail to mention that even though their citizens don’t get a bill from hospitals if they choose to wait for procedures... the countries also have a private health care system that is of high quality and fast. Both our politicians and our media misdirect us to achieve their hidden agendas ( all of them ).
 
I’m in my late 60’s and I’ve learned a couple of things: my brain just doesn’t work as well as it did. I make a few more mistakes here and there. But, I feel I have gained a broader understanding of most of the issues of life, if not some modicum of wisdom. So, I might suggest a cut off age of 70-72.

I personally think that anyone over 70 should not be allowed to run for President. 70 and older should be in an advisory position because of their wisdom and life experience. I have been and am still fortunate to have many wise elders as mentors and because I’ve known them for years, I’ve noticed the slow digression of their mental capacity. It’s often sad to watch but the truth is the truth.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top