• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Vacation Places that You Really Enjoyed

New posts
I picked mostly places that I've been to multiple times.
I am one of those people who, if I like a place, will revisit again and again, partly to do and see the same stuff, partly to explore further. (This drives my spouse nuts, he'd rather go someplace new, I've done a couple of these trips alone or with someone other than the husband.)

In the States:
San Francisco
Santa Fe
The Keys
Nantucket (but it's no longer the Nantucket I used to know)
SoWal as well as PSJ area


Overseas:
Greek Islands, esp Crete
Anywhere in France, but especially the southwest
Anywhere in Italy, but especially the Maremma/Saturnia area
Bay of Kotor region, Montenegro
northwest Scotland
 
Last edited:
SoWal used to be my favorite vacation, but now it's my favorite place to live. :biggrin:

Every summer for my entire life (minus the past three years. School and work have kept me here. But I ain't complainin'.) I have gone with my family to Nags Head, North Carolina for the 4th of July. We always stayed in the same place, and saw all the same people year after year. It was always like a big, weeklong family reunion. With really great food. On the first day, we'd get a bushel (and on one memorable occasion caught a few of our own) of blue crabs and eat about half of them in one sitting. With the rest of the meat, my grandma would make a big pot of crab bisque. Sometime during the week, we'd make our annual trek up to Jockey's Ridge and roll down the giant sand dunes.
 
hogandrod.jpg


This was my last Vacation with BIffy in Tulsa!!!:biggrin:
 
What a handsome cuss! :wub: And you are beautiful too GI!

Thank you my cork friend!! ;-) We were on the way to the store for steaks (with a little pit stop at our local bar.:clap: :biggrin: ) He rode the other bike, a FatBoy!! I had so much fun!!!

There is Nothing like family!!!!!!

It rained like so much when I went, we weren't sure if we would be able to ride, but we found the right time!!:D
 
I've been to most of the places listed above, and enjoyed every one of my vacations and visits (even visited the General Store in Luckenbach before attending a Willie Nelson concert at Floore's Country Store in Helotes, TX)....but out of all the places I've been to so far, I would recommend that everyone go see the Grand Canyon once in their life. Hands down, the most spectacular natural wonder of the world--that first glance is guaranteed to take your breath away. (Consider it as a possible sidetrip from Las Vegas if you're out that way.)

I'm not into that donkey, hiking, camping thing...I just stayed at the lodge to take in the view.
.
 
Last edited:
I've been to most of the places listed above, and enjoyed every one of my vacations and visits (even visited the General Store in Luckenbach before attending a Willie Nelson concert at Floore's Country Store in Helotes, TX)....but out of all the places I've been to so far, I would recommend that everyone go see the Grand Canyon once in their life. Hands down, the most spectacular natural wonder of the world--that first glance is guaranteed to take your breath away. (Consider it as a possible sidetrip from Las Vegas if you're out that way.)

I'm not into that donkey, hiking, camping thing...I just stayed at the lodge to take in the view.
.

I am so glad you said this Shelly. It is what I've been thinking for a while now. I've never been and I think this has got to be my #1 goal in the next year....well, aside from the soiree...:biggrin:
 
I :wub: Thelma and Louise. That filming of the canyon was beautiful. I've never been either. Remember the hovaround wheelchair commercial where they sat on the edge of the canyon. :biggrin: :idontno: :roll:

GMA just showed a pix of Bryce Canyon in Utah. It was really beautiful too.
Aawww, Biff and GIjo, ya'll are too cute. It's nice to see family that's so close and :wub:doing the same stuff.How funn. :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top