Beach Operations is responsible for: beach maintenance and re-nourishment, construction and maintenance of regional beach accesses, neighborhood beach accesses, bay parks, municipal parking facilities and the multi-use trail. It also provides maintenance of U.S. Highway 331 Scenic Corridor, U.S. Highway 98 Scenic Corridor, County Route 30A Scenic Corridor and the Scenic Gulf Drive Corridor. [B]Under Construction:[/B] Renovations have started at the [B]One Seagrove Neighborhood Beach Access[/B], located at 57 Seagrove Place. When completed, this facility will be ADA Accessible, have an additional rinse shower, new sidewalks and handrails. [I][B]STATUS: This beach access will be closed during construction[/B] and is expected to be open in May 2025. [/I]Beachgoers can access beautiful Seagrove Beach approximately 1300 ft. west at the Beachwood Villas Neighborhood Beach Access 3874 E Co Hwy 30A. [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/aorpci8/acton/attachment/42551/f-e3eb1cb8-5725-4351-962c-60403f6c1274/2/-/-/-/-/image.png?v=undefined[/IMG] The [URL='https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/acton/ct/42551/p-0150/Bct/-/-/ct1_0/1/lu?sid=TV2%3A8hbSoH4NR'][B]Grayton Beach Municipal Parking Facility[/B][/URL] is located at 1505 S. Co. Hwy. 283. This 1,700 square foot multi-level transit facility will have 204 parking spaces with dedicated ADA, electric car, LSV, and bicycle parking areas, as well as restrooms, public transportation facilities and connectivity to the multi-use path.[I][B] STATUS: [/B][/I]Construction began in March 2024 and is expected to be completed by Spring 2025. [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/aorpci8/acton/attachment/42551/f-acaa2885-d8b8-4bd7-b6a4-94ea83fda679/2/-/-/-/-/image.jpg?v=undefined[/IMG] [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/forpci61/acton/attachment/42551/f-2b830711-1310-4c29-a7c1-5dbacd24ec08/2/-/-/-/-/image.jpg?v=undefined[/IMG] The [URL='https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/acton/ct/42551/p-0150/Bct/-/-/ct8_0/1/lu?sid=TV2%3A8hbSoH4NR'][B]393 Municipal Parking Facility[/B][/URL] is located at 1668 S. Co. Hwy. 393, approximately ¼ mile from the Ed Walline Regional Beach Access. It will contain 74 parking spaces with dedicated parking for ADA, LSV, bicycles and a 1,300 square foot transit building with a restroom facility. [I][B]STATUS:[/B][/I] The project began in March 2024 and is expected to be completed in Spring 2025. [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/aorpci8/acton/attachment/42551/f-f47040bd-1aa6-4894-81c8-9661b6b46c1f/2/-/-/-/-/image.jpg?v=undefined[/IMG] [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/forpci61/acton/attachment/42551/f-00f2b561-399e-48a9-bed9-28c773728aed/2/-/-/-/-/image.jpg?v=undefined[/IMG] [URL='https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/acton/ct/42551/p-0150/Bct/-/-/ct9_0/1/lu?sid=TV2%3A8hbSoH4NR'][B]Camp Creek Lake Canoe & Kayak Launch[/B][/URL] is located at 121 S. Camp Creek Road South just north of 30A. This coastal dune lake access park will include ADA and bicycle parking, landscape, an ADA-accessible pier with canoe/kayak launch, and stormwater systems. [I][B]STATUS:[/B][/I] The project is nearing completion with a ribbon cutting ceremony being planned for mid-March 2025. [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/forpci61/acton/attachment/42551/f-b3ff7b0e-fe54-4b30-ae0b-1820a7f113b9/1/-/-/-/-/Camp%20Creek%2012.20.24.jpg?v=0[/IMG] The[B] [URL='https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/acton/ct/42551/p-0150/Bct/-/-/ct10_0/1/lu?sid=TV2%3A8hbSoH4NR']Cessna Landing Park Improvements[/URL] [/B]project is located at 1689 Co. Hwy. 393 N. in Santa Rosa Beach. Plans are to add two additional docks, replace the existing pavilions, and reconfigure/repave existing driveways and parking areas. Additional work will include hardscape, landscape, site utilities, site grading/drainage and stormwater. [I][B]STATUS:[/B][/I] The project is expected to be completed by the end of March. [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/aorpci8/acton/attachment/42551/f-01816b42-91c7-4b6a-92b9-5a22b8b2142e/2/-/-/-/-/image.jpg?v=undefined[/IMG] [B][IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/forpci61/acton/attachment/42551/f-9ab007e0-697f-4d05-9da5-26193ca4c054/2/-/-/-/-/image.jpg?v=undefined[/IMG][/B] [URL='https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/acton/ct/42551/p-0150/Bct/-/-/ct11_0/1/dap?sid=TV2%3A8hbSoH4NR'][B]Seagrove RBA[/B][/URL], our newest regional beach access, is located in the heart of Seagrove. This project includes parking with dedicated spaces for standard vehicles, ADA, bicycles, a 1,011 square foot restroom facility, handicap-accessible dune walkover and connectivity to the multi-use path. [B][I]STATUS[/I][/B]: Construction began in July 2024 and is expected to take approximately 10 months to complete. [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/aorpci8/acton/attachment/42551/f-fa678c4b-8851-4626-a22d-a9412648b5dd/2/-/-/-/-/image.jpg?v=undefined[/IMG] [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/forpci61/acton/attachment/42551/f-68c0e6c8-848b-4e20-8187-e7f601c0f2b5/2/-/-/-/-/image.jpg?v=undefined[/IMG] [B]Headland Street Neighborhood Beach Access[/B] is located in the S. Headland Ave. right-of-way and will provide improved pedestrian access with a new sidewalk, boardwalk, dune walkover and connectivity to the multi-use path and a stormwater component to help alleviate flooding in the area. [I][B]STATUS:[/B][/I] Construction began in January 2025 and is expected to be completed in May 2025. [B]Beach Access Updates:[/B] The [URL='https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/acton/ct/42551/p-0150/Bct/-/-/ct1_1/1/lu?sid=TV2%3A8hbSoH4NR'][B]Grayton Beach Community Center[/B][/URL] is located at 44 Hotz Avenue in Grayton Beach. Once completed, the 1,600 square foot building will house a local information station, restrooms, an observation deck, a boardwalk to the beach and access to the Beach Tram. [I][B]STATUS[/B][/I]: Construction is expected to begin in April 2025, taking approximately one year to complete. Work on the building and boardwalks will start first, with roadwork beginning in the Fall. [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/aorpci8/acton/attachment/42551/f-d108e18a-be5e-4476-a5aa-c7c50d5d183e/2/-/-/-/-/image.jpg?v=undefined[/IMG] [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/forpci61/acton/attachment/42551/f-4e5b6e0c-8169-4c58-9857-5d4546ed63c6/2/-/-/-/-/image.png?v=undefined[/IMG] [B]Walton Dunes Regional Beach Access[/B] is located at 258 Beachfront Trail. Improvements are expected to include 14 parallel ROW parking spaces with dedicated ADA, LSV, and bicycle parking, restrooms and an ADA-accessible boardwalk.[I][B] STATUS:[/B][/I] Currently under appeal with the Zoning Board of Adjustments, the Walton Dunes project is on hold until a final determination of the validity of the development order can be made. [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/forpci61/acton/attachment/42551/f-281c77b5-a0e3-4a71-84b7-dafce61069fc/2/-/-/-/-/image.png?v=undefined[/IMG] [URL='https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/acton/ct/42551/p-0150/Bct/-/-/ct13_0/1/lu?sid=TV2%3A8hbSoH4NR'][B]Kellogg Park Nature Center [/B][/URL]is located at 855 Nursery Rd. in Santa Rosa Beach. This Nature Center will be an 1,800 square foot assembly-style building for nature watching and community gatherings, with access to the kayak launch. [I][B]STATUS:[/B][/I] The project has been placed out for bid with an expected start date of May 2025; it will take approximately 10 months to complete. [IMG]https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/cdnr/forpci61/acton/attachment/42551/f-958de3eb-fcf6-4147-b441-04f908ef690b/2/-/-/-/-/image.png?v=undefined[/IMG] [B]Legion Park Improvement Project, [/B]will bring several upgrades to this park located at 119 Crest Dr. Proposed improvements include a splash pad, new playground equipment, two launch piers, additional pickleball courts, resurfacing of the basketball court, construction of shade pavilions and additional parking for cars, trucks and trailers. [B][I]STATUS: [/I][/B]In design phase. [B]Updates on Other Capital Improvement Projects:[/B] The Walton County Tourism Department continues to take an active approach to improve parking and transportation throughout the county. Here's a look at some projects currently undergoing or preparing for improvements. The [URL='https://marketing.visitsouthwalton.com/acton/ct/42551/p-0150/Bct/-/-/ct12_0/1/lu?sid=TV2%3A8hbSoH4NR'][B]Driftwood Road Municipal Parking[/B][/URL] project is on a 1.119-acre parcel located at 76 Driftwood Rd. in Miramar Beach. Plans include 67 parking spaces with dedicated parking for ADA, LSV, and bicycles, an air-conditioned public transit stop, and a restroom facility. [B][I]STATUS:[/I][/B] The project was placed out for bid in December 2024 and is expected to begin in April 2025, taking approximately 11 months to complete. [B]Miramar Beach Municipal Parking Project [/B]is a 4.5-acre parcel in Miramar Beach to be used for a beach-related municipal parking project[B][I]. STATUS:[/I][/B] Task order for master planning has not been issued pending coordination with Public Works engineering efforts.