• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
I am a 60, 60 Centrist. I thought I was a left leaning Liberal--whew, I have been a local here for too long..:D Either that or Sowal.com is responsible! Or, possibly, Andy A. is putting something in my water ! : )

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
liberal here.:wave:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]matters, [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but tend to support significant government control of the[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net"
to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations,[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.[/FONT]​

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
I scored 100% Libertarian which was no surprise. To the question of Republican Libertarians, it is a misnomer. Many seem to believe that Libertarians are really Republicans in sheep's clothing but it is not true. Democrats and Republicans both aspire to have big government. Dems want the governemt to redistribute income and have control over education, healh care, welfare, etc and Republicans want the government to control the social side, or moral side, and require school prayer, the Pledge in class, not allow me to buy booze on Sunday, etc.

If it were up to me, the top tax rate would drop to less than five percent, we would end the silly notion of a corporate income tax and government would be left with the responsibility of national defense and a law enforcement/judicial system and nothing more...

Last edited:

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
I scored 100% Libertarian which was no surprise. To the question of Republican Libertarians, it is a misnomer. Many seem to believe that Libertarians are really Republicans in sheep's clothing but it is not true. Democrats and Republicans both aspire to have big government. Dems want the governemt to redistribute income and have control over education, healh care, welfare, etc and Republicans want the government to control the social side, or moral side, and require school prayer, the Pledge in class, not allow me to buy booze on Sunday, etc.

If it were up to me, the top tax rate would drop to less than five percent, we would end the silly notion of a corporate income tax and government would be left with the responsibility of national defense and a law enforcement/judicial system and nothing more...

I agree with you.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007

Now I know why I am not a Replublican!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
liberal here.:wave:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]matters, [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but tend to support significant government control of the[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.[/FONT]​
Tell us something we didn't already know. Alright I'll take the quiz but you'll all be surprised at the results.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Well, I was a little surprised. Conservative, 30/90.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Omg....................... I'm a LIBERTARIAN.:shock: I just thought I was a registered Independent.

support maximum liberty in both personal and

economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one

that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence.

Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose

government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate

diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties

100/80