• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton County property values soar

New posts
Dabell said:
My taxes also went up about 1/3 more. I called the county ( walton) and she told me that, the price I paid for my home 2 years ago is long gone and what the county says" I can sell ($$$) for IS what the county taxes my home on. So that means I can count on my home value is up 1/3 more than I paid for it. And that means my taxes are rated on that. So, lets say you were paying ( 9's are eazy) $900.00 in taxes now you are paying $1,200 in taxes. Now what they are saying if you paid ( 9's again) 90,000 for a home in Walton County,your home is now worth 120,000.

It sounds like the county is being fairly lenient.
 
Smiling JOe said:
It sounds like the county is being fairly lenient.

Well, The County Understands that, the market is and will always go up and down. The County has to base the tax on an stable climb.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top