• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
How many employees get mileage and how many get company cars. Do the ones that get company cars also get mileage. I think we demand they keep mileage logs.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
All Commissioner receive the same "reimbursement". They record mileage for a month each year. Those are then compared and the Commissioner with the highest number of miles is used as the base number of miles for all. (Huh?). That is used as the base for 11 months. They do not submit monthly mileage reports (Huh ?)

Admittedly I am not a math wiz but is that $62,225.00 a year or for travel? Where the @%$#@ (bleep) are they going...China?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
How do these figures compare to surrounding Counties?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think, and I could be wrong, that the county attorney is a 1099 position so retirement wouldn't be necessary.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I think, and I could be wrong, that the county attorney is a 1099 position so retirement wouldn't be necessary.

At one time he was retained as a contract attorney.

He closed his practice and became a "full time" employee of the BCC with all benefits. He has a contract (like the County Administrator) and has a "special arrangement" concerning his "retirement".

The details will be in Part 2.

campanella

Beach Comber
The travel stipend is particularly interesting. The current IRS mileage allowance is $0.56 per mile. If the travel stipend is entirely for mileage, this means that commissioners are driving 22,223 miles per year for purely county business. To put that in perspective, that's 207 round trips from Miramar Beach to Paxton.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
And that's exactly what it is for and includes only "travel". I would point out that they are following a policy from the Florida Department of Revenue.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
I would like to see all of their expenses for the year to date. Remember the adds said Cecelia got all her family insurance paid which was never approved by the BCC. If that was true no telling what else they get we do not know about.

Policy or no policy this is just an added income that is not taxable.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Strange, I moved here from a place where city & county commissioners were only paid a minor stipend ($400 per month) AND the school board was paid zilch. Why are all of these people being paid so much for public service????