• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
So Misty, because you were on the majority side on the flag issue you didn't want to fight the fight on the minority side of the bumper sticker issue even though everyone here knows your feelings?

Not a chance. I recognize your tongue in cheek sarcasm Bob so let's be real...I'm not going to take on Walton County over whether or not the majority believes in God. I know they do. Majority wins! :)

Let me also remind you...I don't give a tinkers damn about that flag. Whether it stays or goes, makes me no difference. I supported the right of the majority of individuals to assemble, protest, etc. I respected majority opinion in what they believe (how they feel) as to what that flag represents to them and what history has taught them. Do I believe in God or "In God we trust"? I've said I'm agnostic. I respect your right to believe it whether I do or not. Every individual has the inherent right to respect, believe and support whatever they choose.

I tried to be mindful and respectful of minority opinion by not threatening anyone, calling names, using hateful or racist remarks and I think the few who did, got "trolled" for acting like trolls.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
P.S. If the current Sheriff starts building churches like a predecessor in the past has done...yes, we are going to have issues.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I don't think that will ever happen again. I have no problem with inmates cleaning cemeteries but I think that practice departed when I did. And we only cleaned cemeteries that were not connected to churches after Quinn was defeated. I think the "In God We Trust" stickers are a great idea but would not want a sticker that said "Go to 1st Christian Church" or something similar on a government vehicle. One recognizes a motto while the other favors a specific sect or belief.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
For me, the history of the "motto" is sketchy at best and there is a long sordid history about that too but it is what it is today because of it. No argument.

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I really don't care what others may think. I do not go to church. I do believe, simply because I have had so much hppen to me in my lifetime, I know there is a higher power, call it what you will. I, and millions of others, fought so that we could have both freedom of religion as well as freedom of expression. I have no problem with the bumper stikers. You believe what you want and I'll do you same but quit trying to tell me what I can and cannot do because it doesn't fit you political agenda or beliefs. I'll go my way and you go yours but let us do it without telling each other and quietly.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I really don't care what others may think. I do not go to church. I do believe, simply because I have had so much hppen to me in my lifetime, I know there is a higher power, call it what you will. I, and millions of others, fought so that we could have both freedom of religion as well as freedom of expression. I have no problem with the bumper stikers. You believe what you want and I'll do you same but quit trying to tell me what I can and cannot do because it doesn't fit you political agenda or beliefs. I'll go my way and you go yours but let us do it without telling each other and quietly.

I would hope you fought for my freedom FROM religion.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I do not normally, as you are aware, respond to your posts, but yes, your freedom from religion qualifies.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
You believe what you want and I'll do you same but quit trying to tell me what I can and cannot do because it doesn't fit you political agenda or beliefs.

Who did that?

If you are referring to me Andy A I have not said anything about what you should do or not do! And that's the whole point.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Not a chance. I recognize your tongue in cheek sarcasm Bob so let's be real...I'm not going to take on Walton County over whether or not the majority believes in God. I know they do. Majority wins! :)

Let me also remind you...I don't give a tinkers damn about that flag. Whether it stays or goes, makes me no difference. I supported the right of the majority of individuals to assemble, protest, etc. I respected majority opinion in what they believe (how they feel) as to what that flag represents to them and what history has taught them. Do I believe in God or "In God we trust"? I've said I'm agnostic. I respect your right to believe it whether I do or not. Every individual has the inherent right to respect, believe and support whatever they choose.

I tried to be mindful and respectful of minority opinion by not threatening anyone, calling names, using hateful or racist remarks and I think the few who did, got "trolled" for acting like trolls.

And because of your stand reference the flag, it did shock me that you took folks to task, as the minority in this county for their belief of what the flag represented to them and yet you came out and basically said you did not want the target on you because of your belief, although you have repeated it numerous times reference the bumper sticker. So there isn't any hypocrisy in one belief over the other because it is in the minority?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
And because of your stand reference the flag, it did shock me that you took folks to task, as the minority in this county for their belief of what the flag represented to them and yet you came out and basically said you did not want the target on you because of your belief, although you have repeated it numerous times reference the bumper sticker. So there isn't any hypocrisy in one belief over the other because it is in the minority?

I didn't take anyone to task as you call it Bob I said what I felt and what I supported.

Did I troll Cuff and the others who made racist, ignorant remarks umm, probably. Did I use racist, hateful, pious remarks to do it? No.

For whatever its worth Bob, there is a difference here in what I said and did and what the minority of the "take it down" group are still doing.

I am not fighting to have those bumper stickers removed. I'm not looking for national media attention, I'm not trying to hurt the Community economically, I'm not trying to divide and if I did piss people off for anything I said in what I did support...they have the right to be pissed off and offended...as much as the next person.

Last edited: