• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
Sorry, well spent!

Money well spent preparing for what exactly?
What kind of crimes are the WCSO training for ? These are all out war vehicles. Frankly makes me nervous to live in an area that should be needing and preparing for "events" requiring the training and manpower/hardware. Only people I can think of with the same firepower IS the Feds

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
If I see it in my neighborhood, I guess I can assume that Carlene Anderson has again accused me of breaking the law and exhorted Sheriff Buford T. to "lean on me" for criticizing Her Majesty.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Oh JP, are we still on this? Has it happened again or do you like to bring this incident up to be relevant?

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
So I guess if you get a million bucks in BP money you get to buy one of these???
I'm not sure if this is obscene or not but I sure don't want to hear them crying about not being able to afford cars.

The vehicle was purchased for $2,000.00 in October 2013.

what about it makes you refer to it as an "assault" vehicle?
is it simply because it intimidates your delicate sensibilities?

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Just another useless tool for the equally senseless war on drugs. An expensive toy at a cut-rate price for government approved thugs.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
Just another useless tool for the equally senseless war on drugs. An expensive toy at a cut-rate price for government approved thugs.

It's funny when big government liberals hate local government authority.

This is a purely defensive "toy" if you are in fear of it you are equally in fear of bullet proof vests for cops

I am no fan of over reaching government at any level, unlike yourself, but buying a half million dollar "toy" for two grand to protect local cops in the event of a well armed standoff doesn't bother me. If they didn't buy them they would be given for free to an allied force or melted down, donating them to orphanages wouldn't be very effective or plausible.

Odd that you find it some sort of tool against drugs, I don't even get the connection.