• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Stay tuned! Good things are coming! With community support we can make them happen!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Everyone should be really excited about this movement...it is the first time I've ever seen this much controversy over a Superintendent in this County and for the growing support by the community to try and change things. The fact that teachers are actively involved and pursuing change is monumental for the Walton School District.

I think that once the WCTA has an agenda date, that will be the true test of whether or not change will happen. If the Community (North and South) packs the Tivolli Complex it will absolutely be a historical meeting. It's never happened in this County in the 25 + years I've lived here.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:clap: Even the students are noticing. My 2nd grader told me yesterday her teacher only makes 49 cents an hour(not sure if that's the correct amt). lol! She also said the teachers are wearing pins saying NO to that amount.

Annie66

Beach Lover
Mar 21, 2012
Seagrove Beach
As a former Walton County teacher, I've known for several years what the situation is. Funny why it's taken so long for a lot of people to catch on. I agree that what's going on is a positive step but I'd also like to point out that our superintendent was elected for 4 years and she has a history of not listening. I'd love to just teach again, even at an entry level salary but since I have a masters degree and 32 years teaching experience, I suppose I'm "over qualified". I'm also in my 50s so I'm sure that doesn't help either. Experienced former teachers don't seem to ever be rehired in Walton County.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Maybe we need to get these meetings packed with student protesters? After all, they are their teachers' biggest fans. :cool:

Unfortunately though, they can't vote in a referendum.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Would it be premature to suggest Mark Davis would make a wonderful Superintendent??? :)

This may all be just wishful thinking on my part but I am super stoked about the possibilities and the fact people are actually standing up for themselves and their children in this County.

Wow! Just wow!

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Would it be premature to suggest Mark Davis would make a wonderful Superintendent??? :)

This may all be just wishful thinking on my part but I am super stoked about the possibilities and the fact people are actually standing up for themselves and their children in this County.

Wow! Just wow!

Very good observation but I doubt that Mr. Davis wants the job. Everyone now seems to be in agreement that school superintendents shouldn't be elected. However, I'm sure there are some elected superintendents who do a good job. The problem is bad elected superintendents who are accountable to nobody but the people who finance their campaigns and their political allies and their agendas (people like Gaetz).