• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Scott Brannon is just the tip of it @Suzanne Harris. There are huge campaign contributions from Gary Shipman and Dunlap & Shipman Law firm who just happened to be the attorney for Lloyd Blue in the Chat Holley scandal which included Jay Odom, Cecilia Jones, RO Cuchens, GR Miller (now deceased), Latilda Henniger, yourself (Suzanne) and others.

T. Anderson is also supported by Beach Chairs 4 U Inc. ($400.00 contribution) which is owned by Chip Coble whose wife just happens to be Amy Wise-Coble who is running against T. Anderson! Ironically, Amy Wise-Coble reports absolutely no other contributions except her qualifying fee. Can we say "Vote splitting"? T. Anderson is also supported by Rick and Bonnie Mc Quiston, many developers/builders and vendors as well as business owners including Red Bar and Marie's Bistro.

I said last night to @Teresa that C. Jones is desperate for a 3rd vote and will do what ever she needs to do to ensure her sons vending business is protected!

Marmot

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2016
SRB
T. Anderson is also supported by Beach Chairs 4 U Inc. ($400.00 contribution) which is owned by Chip Coble whose wife just happens to be Amy Wise-Coble who is running against T. Anderson! Ironically, Amy Wise-Coble reports absolutely no other contributions except her qualifying fee.

Very interesting......

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I have long been dismayed by the direction of national and state politics due to the obscene amounts of money needed to run for office and the lack of choices among candidates. Those problems are now exhibited in local politics and we are not made better by these developments. Whether you are Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative, new resident or “good old boy,” rich or poor, or any other demographic category, this is a threat to you and a threat to good government.

Today it was announced that a candidate for a Walton County Commission seat had raised $100,000 in reported money with 2 months to go. That is an insane amount of money to fund a local county commission race. In 2014 I ran for county commissioner in District 2 and finished 2nd among four candidates. One of those was the incumbent and the other was a former commissioner. I spent about 1/10 th of $100,000 and ran a good race with many signs, newspaper ads, TV ads and other literature. My opponents raised and spent much more but nowhere near $100,000. You do not need to raise or spend that much money to get your message out. But now that one has done it, everyone will be trying to compete and raise similar amounts or prospective candidates will just not run. The “pundits” will tell anyone and everyone that a candidate is not “viable” if they do not raise these huge sums as well.

We have already witnessed this phenomenon in our local government. 2 of the 3 “big 3” constitutional officers went unopposed this cycle and the other drew 3 candidates in a race without an incumbent. 2016 is the first time in 189 years that the Walton County Sheriff’s race was not contested. I have heard many good, qualified people say they would like to run but could not raise enough money to compete. The huge amounts of money combined with political tricks like last minute write-in candidates and the resulting disenfranchisement of around 1/3 of our county electorate causes a chilling effect on local government.

The long-term consequences of this reduction of choice brings complacency to elected officials who only must keep their donors happy to remain in office and grants an inordinate amount of influence and power to those with the ability to donate these huge amounts of money. It undermines the confidence of the ordinary citizen in their government and causes a sense of hopelessness that anyone can effect real change in the direction we are heading.

Folks, the only way to fix things is look at who is raising these huge amounts of money and “just say no.” Vote for candidates who are not owned by those who seek to gain advantage through the government and who will represent you instead of those with deep pockets.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The mailer I received says it was paid for by; Our Generation, 1101 30th Street NW, Washington, DC 20007.

I know what the mailers said Mr. Fletcher. What bothers me is absolutely NO ONE knows anything about this group and I think that's shady!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
P.S. Mr. Fletcher, I know who helped raise the money and is paying for T. Anderson's campaign which is why I won't for him. I know nothing about you except that you are not from Walton County, can't be considered a "good ole boy" (which are actually 2 reasons to vote for you) but I am completely dismayed that not only do I not know anything about you or you positions on any of the very large issues we are facing in this campaign, I don't know anything about the people that are actually supporting your campaign and neither do you!

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Someone wants to be sure they own the 3 votes needed to get whatever they want approved and passed. The real questions are why is Cecilia Jones showing up everywhere day and night to events with Tony? How could it make Jerry Jones so mad he told people he was voting for Cindy and he even tried to qualify to run in the race against Tony? Who got control of him to stop him? Who will write the Walton County scandal tell all book and make millions. Will it be Jerry Jones???????

Even though a book would be better, I just wish someone would just write an article chronicling all this Suzanne. It is an investigative Journalists dream.