• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Being here when noone else is.

I used to vacation after Labor Day and that was nice, but I imagine October is even nicer. I CAN'T wait to experience those quiet months.

Thanks Shelly
G
PS My bestest grade school friend was named Shelly :D

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I love being able to see the Gulf from 30A on my way to work.
Dune Allen area by "hurricane alley."

I'm not sure I know where that is?

I love having my whole family living here.

How COOL is that!!

I love the circle of friends I've aquired over the last 30 years.

THAT seems like a great bonus. Look at the great people on this forum!!

I love the wonderful restaurants we have to choose from.

Oh heck yes!! You're talkin' to a Louisiana gal who loves food that is prepared with a magic touch and LOTS of chefs in SoWal and Destin area are champions at that!

I love the laid back feeling compared to other places traveled.

Jimmy Buffet feeling :D

I love the Sowal message board!

DITTO

:clap:

THANKS so much!!
G

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I love driving across Western Lake about sunset, when it's glassy calm. And the restaurants, and the people. And Modica Market, Ruskin Place, Eden State Park...

I love the sound of my daughters laughter as she chases after minnows in Eastern Lake's outflow...

I love the serenity of rowing out to the back northern part of my lake in my canoe and just soaking in the sun and ambiance while I pretend to fish...

I love sitting on my back balcony which overlooks Point Washington State Forest while looking at the stars which twinkle so brightly in the tapestry of the night...

I love the magic that still exists here... :D

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I limited myself to the top 10:

- the view of the dunes/trees across Western Lake
- the beach under a full moon with stars overhead
- 2 degrees of Sowal
- the bike path
- days when you go from pjs to a bikini to pjs
- seeing turtles hatch
- dolphins
- the parks
- all the funn events and quirky people
- Mountainfilm

Last edited:

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
I love the electricity of seeing people in Seaside and watching the frisbees get tossed in the ampitheatre and the kids rolling down the hill. I love the deer in my backyard this morning and the beautiful way the gulf water allows the light to color it.

I love the snakes and trails and coyote. I love the short and amazing road trips you can take from here. I love the fact that beautiful people, wearing very little, are everywhere.

I love the bike path. I love the laughter heard on the beaches. I love snorkeling and then going down to 20 feet, turning my body upward and peering up to the surface. I love the silence down there. It's like being on the inside of God. Perhaps it is.

I like the smells of Seaside. The new pizza place. The taco bar. The smells emanating from the new Barefoot barbecue place when I leave Bud and Alley's at night. I love the live music here. It's everywhere and it's good.

I love the heat and the way you almost hallucinate in it. The way I sweat and empty myself in it. And I love the way the water feels when I escape that heat and emmerse myself in its flowing form.

I love the wedding parties and their smiles, often seen at night when they are out dancing. I love noticing beauty here in sowal, as it is often quite available.

I love air conditioners and ice cold drinks when I need them. I love a lot of things about South Walton, and particularly 30A. But I love nothing more, even remotely close, to when my darling little creations are here with me in paradise, sharing special moments. To see what I love about 30A, reflected in their eyes, their smiles and gushing from their hearts, makes me want to capture those moments, still them to a constant, and live in them forever.

It's what makes me collect sea shells and dollars and carry them to the shore. It's what makes me hand them out to little kiddies along the beach, those who remind me how badly I want mine here with me.

And somehow, someway, maybe that brings me a little closer to my own little ones. I love living along the beach, because love is felt a little sweeter here. :roll:

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I love driving across Western Lake about sunset, when it's glassy calm. And the restaurants, and the people. And Modica Market, Ruskin Place, Eden State Park...

You see, I don't even know where Modica Market, Ruskin Place and ESP are!! I am so much more
familiar with Destin area.

I am looking forward to see what draws you to these spots.

Thanks
G

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I love the sound of my daughters laughter as she chases after minnows in Eastern Lake's outflow...

Awwww, sweet!!

I love the serenity of rowing out to the back northern part of my lake in my canoe and just soaking in the sun and ambiance while I pretend to fish...

I can only imagine how peaceful that would be!!

I love sitting on my back balcony which overlooks Point Washington State Forest while looking at the stars which twinkle so brightly in the tapestry of the night...

Oh how I love the night sky sans light pollution. We have it great out here in LA with NO one else on our road and hundreds of acres. I hope to find another spot to star gaze. THX

I love the magic that still exists here... :D

HURRAY - it is still there and going strong so it seems.

Thanks so much = I LOVE these!!

G

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I limited myself to the top 10:

- the view of the dunes/trees across Western Lake COOL I will have to look myself
- the beach under a full moon with stars overhead Oh yeah!!
- 2 degrees of Sowal ??
- the bike path YOU BET!
- days when you go from pjs to a bikini to pjs Oh that sounds dreamy!
- seeing turtles hatch NEVER have! Can imagine how awesome that would be
- dolphins Gotta love them
- the parks Can't wait to explore them
- all the funn events and quirky people Lookin' forward to quirkiness
- Mountainfilm ??
Thanks Scooterbuggybaby!

G

Last edited:

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I love the electricity of seeing people in Seaside and watching the frisbees get tossed in the ampitheatre and the kids rolling down the hill.

Kids are great. Sounds like FUN!

I love the deer in my backyard this morning and the beautiful way the gulf water allows the light to color it.

Oh lovely!!

I love the snakes and trails and coyote.

I am so thrilled about all the nature in the area

I love the short and amazing road trips you can take from here.

Like to the caves in Marietta?? Love that trip!

I love the fact that beautiful people, wearing very little, are everywhere.

LOL FUN!

I love the bike path.

A big reason we picked the area.

I love the laughter heard on the beaches.

People passing a good time as we say here in LA!

I love snorkeling and then going down to 20 feet, turning my body upward and peering up to the surface. I love the silence down there. It's like being on the inside of God. Perhaps it is.

My religion is to find "God" in all things beautiful and I get moved sometimes to the point of tears!

I like the smells of Seaside. The new pizza place. The taco bar. The smells emanating from the new Barefoot barbecue place when I leave Bud and Alley's at night. I love the live music here. It's everywhere and it's good.

WOW - I haven't been to any of these places

I love the heat and the way you almost hallucinate in it.

Some like it hot - I DO!!

The way I sweat and empty myself in it. And I love the way the water feels when I escape that heat and emmerse myself in its flowing form.

Like bathing in liquid diamonds I always say

I love the wedding parties and their smiles, often seen at night when they are out dancing. I love noticing beauty here in sowal, as it is often quite available.

Nice

I love air conditioners and ice cold drinks when I need them. I love a lot of things about South Walton, and particularly 30A. But I love nothing more, even remotely close, to when my darling little creations are here with me in paradise, sharing special moments. To see what I love about 30A, reflected in their eyes, their smiles and gushing from their hearts, makes me want to capture those moments, still them to a constant, and live in them forever.

I hope you write all this down for them. I know when they are older they will appreciate having it.

It's what makes me collect sea shells and dollars and carry them to the shore. It's what makes me hand them out to little kiddies along the beach, those who remind me how badly I want mine here with me.

:D

And somehow, someway, maybe that brings me a little closer to my own little ones. I love living along the beach, because love is felt a little sweeter here. :roll:

:clap::clap:

Fantastic - this is such a great thread because you have all contributed. I hope everyone will!

G