• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I love the feeling of being cleansed. That leaving the crime, and the dirt and scum of the city, I feel reborn both mentally and physically.

I think I would completely shut down if I did not get to come at least once a year for cleansing. :love: It is detox for my soul.

After 30 years of coming for this, I can't imagine not coming.

Here's a great quote that captures the essence of the cleanse we get from the beach

?Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.?

:love:

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I love that I raised my youngest daughter here
(a conscious decision)

I did not know this! Lucky girl!

where there are so many strong
women role models....
teachers, artists,
business owners,
magazine editors,
spiritual teachers,
friends and family,
real estate agents/brokers/owners,
other Mothers, volunteers, writers,
bakers, designers, and so many more!

I believe this is the best life we could have given her.
She had many "mothers."

It takes a village....

I loved that she learned to walk on the beach.:love:

Awww - nice to fall on sand!!

I love being healed on Grayton beach from a terrible tragedy,
by sitting with my toes in the edge of the gulf
being washed with salt water while grabbing handfuls of sand
and sifting it through my fingers.

Just like Minnie said about the cleanse. Sorry about your tragedy :sosad:

My husband can't end the day without taking a
drive on Grayton Beach...it's his own quiet time.

That's nice - we all need that.

Hope that wasn't too long Gidget! Of course like many others I love all that has been posted above.

Are you kidding? I could read these all night.... :D

G

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I'm still amused by the continual beach fashion show put on by our visitors. I love the sun hats and dresses and all of the cool attire that they wear. You seldom see locals dress the way people who are "dressed for the beach" dress. hahaha!

So how do locals dress? Pretty casual? I also think I have noticed that women wear less makeup and let their hair go shall I say "to the wind" here. I like the look.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I haven't posted for awhile and I haven't forgotten Sowal. I'm so glad to be part of a forum where you are not forgotten. I winter in Miramar Beach. But I continue to read the posts and keep up on the news when I'm back in Canada.

So have the best of both worlds! I have a dear friend in Canada - her summers there are awesome!!

I so wish I lived right there in Sowal all the time. If I had of done as my father told me when I was a little girl, then I would of had all that money I should have saved. Maybe that way I could be there 24/365.

But like I said above, you do get the best of both worlds. Maybe one day it can be 24/365 - now is a great time for a deal ;-)

Thanks for reminding me of not posting. I have a Sowal sticker I proudly display, and smile when I look at it. Thanks for this community of friends.

It is a great forum isn't it?

G

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
I love the anticipation of coming to the SoWal for my 2 weeks each year
I love sitting in my beach chair with my umbrella reading a book, watching the waves, feeling the breeze and watching everyone have fun
I love playing house at whatever cute rental I've found for us each year
I love dining out with no regard to cost or calories-because it's vacation
I love Kat's Key Lime Pie!
I love biking/walking around
I love the shopping and the art
I love meeting locals and other tourists and running into some of the same folks time and again
I love relaxing with my hubby
I love taking naps during the heat of the day
I love drinking champagne at sunset on our last night
I love shopping for the next rental for the next year and having that sense of anticipation start all over again

i LIKE your list!!:wave:

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
I love the "Fitness Center"! HEAVEN! :roll:

Its almost 19 miles long, with panoramic breathtaking views, a swimming pool that is never too crowded, the track beneath your feet is soft white sugar sand, everyone around you is having a blissful day and they smell yummy like Coppertone lotion and to top it off....its FREE! I'm so in love with it!

The only initiation fee is the loss of about six layers of tissue from the bottom of your feet on week one (but hey, a free Pedicure!).

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I love the "Fitness Center"! HEAVEN! :roll:

Its almost 19 miles long, with panoramic breathtaking views, a swimming pool that is never too crowded, the track beneath your feet is soft white sugar sand, everyone around you is having a blissful day and they smell yummy like Coppertone lotion and to top it off....its FREE! I'm so in love with it!

The only initiation fee is the loss of about six layers of tissue from the bottom of your feet on week one (but hey, a free Pedicure!).

I had to read your post three times before I GOT IT!!!!!!!!! :wave:

What a fab way of describing the beach!!

:D:D:D

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
I had to read your post three times before I GOT IT!!!!!!!!! :wave:

What a fab way of describing the beach!!

:D:D:D

Oops! My bad. Sometimes I forget people cant actually read my mind!:doh:

Seriously though, after (toooo many) years of paying for a gym membership at $35 a month, fighting crowds for the treadmill, only to stare at walls while doing cardio... I am truly GIDDY to have the beautiful beach for my workouts every day. How very lucky we are. I am in awe of what I see every day.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Oops! My bad. Sometimes I forget people cant actually read my mind!:doh:

Seriously though, after (toooo many) years of paying for a gym membership at $35 a month, fighting crowds for the treadmill, only to stare at walls while doing cardio... I am truly GIDDY to have the beautiful beach for my workouts every day. How very lucky we are. I am in awe of what I see every day.

Chill - I thought it was one of the most clever things I have ever read! :D:D

I am just kinda slow at getting it sometimes. ;-)

I hear ya on the gym membership!!

G

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Kat's key lime pie is the best on the planet-I've not tried all on the planet but I still feel I am making a true statement!!!

Kat is ItzKatzTime on here-I highly recommend buying a pie from her!!! She's a sweet and charming lady who just happens to be an amazing key lime pie maker!