• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

where are you on this list ?

New posts
My name didn't make the list. I am not surprised even though it is a typical name. I only have one friend born around the same time as me that has it. My parents were teens when I was born and "Oh Donna" was top of the charts, so that's how I got my name.:rolling:

I am surprised to see Emma as the number 1 choice. That is a very old name, but I always loved that name.

I think that name has gotten really popular since Rachel and Ross from Friends used it. I love it too.
 
Not on the list. Mine is so late '60s/early '70s. I met two very nice moms the other day who are Heather and Brandy, and they joked about how '70s their names are.

My two boys' names are both in the top 10. :roll: Although maybe not officially, since my oldest is named John and we call him Jack. (HELLO!!! Jack is a nickname! Some people seem to have missed that memo. :idontno:) And Madison, while a pretty name, did not exist as a girl's name until the movie Splash. :roll:

I get too worked up over this. We prefer classical names and don't quite get the trend towards being different even though we see it everywhere. But then I know many people think our choices are boring, so to each his or her own I guess!
 
Didn't make the list either. Just another reason to feel out-dated. :(

:lolabove: We will just have to re-invent ourselves.
Although fruit names seem to be in vogue. Who named their daughter apple? Maybe Mango will take off. :rolling:
Now Kiwis are pretty and sweet. I hereby annoint Dbuck Kiwi. :funn:
 
are you kidding me?

1 Aiden
2 Jacob
3 Ethan
4 Ryan
5 Matthew
6 Jack
7 Noah
8 Nicholas
9 Joshua
10 Logan

i can't imagine meeting more than one aiden in my life, and i haven't met one yet. was this list made in stepford? logan??

my older dog is #73, and she's 16 yrs old. Jessica will always be en vogue.:cool:
 
Last edited:
:lolabove: We will just have to re-invent ourselves.
Although fruit names seem to be in vogue. Who named their daughter apple? Maybe Mango will take off. :rolling:
Now Kiwis are pretty and sweet. I hereby annoint Dbuck Kiwi. :funn:

Kiwis. :clap_1: Right now I feel like a pear. :roll: Who's coconut?

It was Gwyneth Paltrow who named her daughter Apple. Gwyneth is not on the list either.
 
are you kidding me?

1 Aiden
2 Jacob
3 Ethan
4 Ryan
5 Matthew
6 Jack
7 Noah
8 Nicholas
9 Joshua
10 Logan

i can't imagine meeting more than one aiden in my life, and i haven't met one yet. was this list made in stepford? logan??

No kidding. You would seriously not believe the names of some of the kids my kids go to school with. What's funny is that so many of them are being unusual that their "unusual" name lands on the list!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top