• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mark Partington

Beach Lover
Dec 10, 2007
walton county
www.flickr.com
In post # 2: the wonderful watercolor offering was by a freeind of the artist-who I think will be leaving the country....but I hope not-& anyone who knows her-tell her its time to share-"cause that was zen-and this is tao!"
the tao of watercolors by BONNIE Hammond- Di Giacomo.
Thats got a real global kick.
Remember to throw you tv's & computers in the bay tomorrow-its a disease of sorts-and get out & see the art miles projects still on dispalay on 30-A!!!!
Jaline/// this is a beautiful part of france.

Mark Partington

Beach Lover
Dec 10, 2007
walton county
www.flickr.com
I thought you might like the red-those flowers look sculpted on her homepage or any gallery page-you can blow them up there & see the detail.

I'm a big fan of nose-art (from WWll) & of course that's alot of evelgryn,petty,Earl Moran-who painted Marilyn as a pin-up model before her movie career-I wont show them here but the new "King" of pin-ups is......"Olivia"-she shows at the Tamara Bane gallery in California along with Soryama,Dorian Cleavenger-etc
All fun & all american guy stuff!

I wanted to share something a bit more out of the way-I love cigar labels (vintage) & match-books-etc-I think this rates just above decorative urinal cakes.....but her she blows!!!!
FIRECRACKER ART!!!!!

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Firecracker Art! That's great. I have some old prints from New Orleans of Magicians in this style.

I LOVE Waterhouse.....I could sit all day and look at his work. I do not have a favorite as I would be fickle to all the rest.

Still inside and hope to be out by tomorrow. Thanks for all the comfort food advice.

Mark Partington

Beach Lover
Dec 10, 2007
walton county
www.flickr.com
Jw waterhouse

He had an impact on my work alomg the way-you can see his "juliette" (far right) at different ages in the other paintings you have shared-I dont think that's real obvious or much of a concern as the work is so strong.

More 'fringe art'-bohemian beer label designs & french postcards:

Last edited:

Mark Partington

Beach Lover
Dec 10, 2007
walton county
www.flickr.com
When I see 'tags' on trains I usually think two things:
1. Too bad it isnt hanging for more people to see,& purchase
2.what a nice view while you're stuck at a crossing-A "traveling exhibition" touring the south-east!

There are alot of influences in our culture we dont even think about--the Morton salt girl went thru about 27 incarnations to get to the look we know now ......& comic book artists & movie story board artists are some of the most creativr,prolific & hardest working of all the different art forms.
Next up:?????

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Ron Hicks

His work takes me back to a time I might have come from. Love the one of the girl sleeping and the couple with his head in her lap.:clap: Actually they are so wonderful and leave you feeling like you've visited their world....or his.