• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I have never seen such poor driving habits as I have since moving down here. I don't know if it people from many other states on vacation or what, but it is scary. I see them nearly every day as I try to cross 98 from 393. :bang:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think they need to make those lights have a green turn arrow as it's easy to forget, especially when people are unfamiliar with the area. I've had a couple "oops" moments forgetting that there are folks going straight.

It's a good idea, since most people probably couldn't pass a physical driving test if they had too. I really believe that the physical driving test needs to be taken about every 4 years, with an annual written test. It is obvious to me that people need to learn the rules of the road.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I think we definitely need more frequent driving tests - not just to refresh people on the proper way to drive and the rules, but to get people who shouldn't be driving due to age off the road.

Also think cell phones in cars need some SEVERE controls. It used to be when I saw erratic driving they were drunk or kids goofing around - now they are almost always on the phone! :angry:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Also think cell phones in cars need some SEVERE controls. It used to be when I saw erratic driving they were drunk or kids goofing around - now they are almost always on the phone! :angry:

Ain't that the truth. When I see someone driving too slow or too fast or just plain weird, it's because they're preoccupied with their cell phone conversation. :bang:

We no longer take bike rides that involve crossing over 98 because I've read too many posts exactly like this one. Why volunteer to be road kill?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sorry, Mermaid, I really didn't mean to make you crash your bikes when I tooted the horn at you and Merman that day as you were trying to cross hwy 98. I really thought that car was going to get you.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Sorry, Mermaid, I really didn't mean to make you crash your bikes when I tooted the horn at you and Merman that day as you were trying to cross hwy 98. I really thought that car was going to get you.

I nearly did crash into that car, didn't I? Shows how quickly things can happen when you're momentarily distracted. You know you have full permission from now on in to ignore me if you see me on my bike. I'll understand. :lol:

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I didn't know how long you'd lose your license for not submitting to a breathalizer test and didn't know how many days you have to update your drivers license. Which reminds me....I gotta update my drivers license. :D

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
I didn't know how long you'd lose your license for not submitting to a breathalizer test and didn't know how many days you have to update your drivers license. Which reminds me....I gotta update my drivers license. :D

You got 18 correct out of a possible 20. You scored a 90%.
I missed the same ones you did ASH. I thought you had 30 days for some odd reason and I don't know much about DUI laws.

It amazes me every single time I am at the beach at the people who's brains must also be on vacation. I almost rear ended a car on 30-a in Seagrove Sunday that just decided to pull right out in front of me and one who all of a sudden slammed on the brakes and decided to turn. :dunno:

Are there laws in some states about passing tests after a certain age?

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
17 out of 20. Missed failure to take brethalizer ( Ithought 6 mo suspension), the double curve thing and I though driving under 40 mph on a highway was the correct answer. Now I know, thanks!