• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
How about put the non-local stuff in the entertainment forum? I am constantly entertained by many of the threads and posts.

Now that I am thinking about it, maybe the local issues should be in the All About SoWal forum, which truly does break them out from other issues. Keep the political forum truly for conversation and fistfights about the election, religion, etc.

I kind of like this idea. The big local political issues tend to be pretty important and are worth putting on the front page, so to speak.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
So do you think the PES forum should be non-local only?
Not necessarily, Kurt, though it appears to be pretty much that way now. I have no problem with the format the way it is and I enjoy it. It would be more structured if PES was non-local only but IMO people should be able to sort out where they want to post.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
:blink::scratch::sosad: :blush: Aren't you free to start more threads about local issues anytime? I don't get it? Start a thread. I've already stretched my neck out on a lot of local issues as well as National. Is this board now going to be sensored by people who don't like politics. Why do you read them? You're free not too. Everthing can't always be fluffy and funn since there is a war going on. :dunno: Are we adults or children here? Censorship of topics is stinky poo!:moon: I :love: FREEDOM!

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
:blink::scratch::sosad: :blush: Aren't you free to start more threads about local issues anytime? I don't get it? Start a thread. I've already stretched my neck out on a lot of local issues as well as National. Is this board now going to be sensored by people who don't like politics. Why do you read them? You're free not too. Everthing can't always be fluffy and funn since there is a war going on. :dunno: Are we adults or children here? Censorship of topics is stinky poo!:moon: I :love: FREEDOM!

I agree. As Tip O'Neil said, "all politics is local". Certainly the war, the election, the energy and healthcare crisis....all of it, affects us just as much as it does anyone else.

There are some thoughtful, bright, well spoken people on the Board. I have learned some things, and gone searching for more information on others-- I feel as though we would miss an opportunity if we did not post the things each of us feels important at the moment.

And, anyone can ignore any post they chose....:dunno:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
i think moving one or the other to another area of the board is not the best move. much of the state and national stuff affects us on a local level. if we really need segregation, i would suggest a child board within the PES. not sure which one should be the child though.

ymmv

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal

Kristi, I don't think anyone's asking for censorship...just maybe a more dedicated place for local issues. As far as fluff and funn---frankly, the lounge is where I go for fluff and funn. God knows I am inundated with "issues" from every direction all day long. The lounge is a place to escape from that for just a few minutes (ok..hours) a day. I typically DON'T read the politics forum and I have survived just fine. If I do have a question about politics or any other topic for that matter, I know I can find a good discussion on SoWal. Post on....left and right wingers!! (In the politics/all about SoWal forums:cool:)

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I also think that local issues should be located in the All about SOWAL section. Since that is what the name implies. And Kurt, I think you have done a great job in setting up the sections so as to give everything a place. I think it is fine the way it is.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I also think that local issues should be located in the All about SOWAL section. Since that is what the name implies. And Kurt, I think you have done a great job in setting up the sections so as to give everything a place. I think it is fine the way it is.

Thanks! I have let things evolve. I have resisited my nature to subdivide.

After looking at the front page of the political forum I agree that local issues should be on the main board - All About SoWal. I saw this coming - starting a political forum is like opening a can of something. Is it worms, spam, or whoop ass? :scratch: :lol:

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Kristi, I don't think anyone's asking for censorship...just maybe a more dedicated place for local issues. As far as fluff and funn---frankly, the lounge is where I go for fluff and funn. God knows I am inundated with "issues" from every direction all day long. The lounge is a place to escape from that for just a few minutes (ok..hours) a day. I typically DON'T read the politics forum and I have survived just fine. If I do have a question about politics or any other topic for that matter, I know I can find a good discussion on SoWal. Post on....left and right wingers!! (In the politics/all about SoWal forums:cool:)
I respect you dd and your avoiding the forums you know may be sticky,, yucky, and no funn. It's the first 2 sentences of this thread that felt that way, like people were being asked not to talk about WTH they felt like or fussin'/whinin' about what they didn't want to hear. :dunno: The getting up on the soapbox part instead of having the kahunas to talk to your neighbor was :sosad: too! These are fellow posters who have taken the time( alot of it sometime too) to post. The ones with the kahunas to speak up on the board might just be some of the very ones speakin' up to people on the beach too, ftlog. :D :wave::blush:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Thanks! I have let things evolve. I have resisited my nature to subdivide.

After looking at the front page of the political forum I agree that local issues should be on the main board - All About SoWal. I saw this coming - starting a political forum is like opening a can of something. Is it worms, spam, or whoop ass? :scratch: :lol:

:lolabove::lolabove:
Probably all three.