• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
:lolabove::lolabove:
Probably all three.
Took the words right out of my mouth.:D
The ones with the kahunas to speak up on the board might just be some of the very ones speakin' up to people on the beach too,
I think everyone here would be very surprised at just who lurks on this board and reads everything that is said. And that person that you end up in a heated debate with might be some local official posting under an alias. And what better way to get your point across than to tell it like you really feel it without the intimidation factor involved in meetings etc.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I like things the way they are. Politics, environment and social issues under one heading. Local, national, international, pick and choose as desired, a virtual buffet of controversy in one location.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I get all the national and world viewpoints I need in the media.
But I like to get other peoples thoughts on things and not just what mainstream media decides to shove at us that day. Because I really dont trust everything I read and like the fact that other people might have info and resources that I am not familiar with, therefore expanding my knowledge of a particular topic.
But SoWal.com/bb filled a real need about providing a rumor mill and discussion forum about issues that concern us in SoWal day to day.
I am not sure if the point of the BB was to provide a rumor mill/gossip parlor as much as a place for people to talk about the issues that concern everyone.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
it won't matter when we're all burnt up from the global warming;-)
:lolabove: No... we in SOWAL are all going to drown from the rising sea levels first.;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I would like to point out a few things. While the All about SoWal forum should be about the SoWal area, as it is described beneath the title, I really don't want to sort through the threads regarding about National Business, Goods and Services, nor National Dining and Food, nor National Employment, nor National Nightlife, nor National Real Estate and Development, and think that the National topics should remain in separate forum, where it is easier to sort scan through. I do think politics is a great thing to discuss, and realize that State and National issues may affect us locally, but I would prefer the non-County issues to be located in that other forum, too. As for the sports category, I could care less, but it would certainly be easier for people looking for local sports and activities to find such if they were separated.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
On another board that I frequent on a daily basis they have a "Current Events" section where we can discuss all those newsworthy things that we hear about from the media. But that board has many members from other places all over the world so it gets kinda hairy in discussions there. But it is very informative when you are talking to folks from Israel, Hong Kong, Australia, and just about anywhere else you can think of.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005