• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Photos - Beaches of South Walton - 11/07/08

081107-mountainfilm-101.jpg

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It was a beautiful night last night. Thank you John, Justin, Jim and crew!

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]What are Tibetan Prayer Flags?
The Tibetan word for prayer flag is "Lung ta", meaning, "wind Horse". When wind blows (expressing the quality and nature of mind) the sacred prayer flag flaps in the breeze. [/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]The prayers contained on the flag are carried out to all beings as a blessing. Seeing the flag also has a practical benefit of reminding people to be mindful of the Dharma as they go about their business. When I see a prayer flag either motionless or flying in the breeze, I am reminded of the call to pray for the welfare of all beings, to work to bring about virtue, goodness, healing and happiness in the world around me. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] The traditional five colors represent the five Buddha families and five elements. Blue-space, White-water, Red-fire, Green-air & wind, Yellow-earth. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] The auspicious symbol images invoke the power and influence of the beings or symbols depicted. In the case of the 21 Taras, one is invoking the blessings of Tara in all of her expressions or manifestations. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] The prayer flags are made of cotton and/or polyester. The prayer is written in Tibetan and always express positive intentions for the happiness, enlightenment and protection of all beings. The expressive blessed quality of the flag rests mostly in the wood block print, which imparts the prayers and blessings. Everyone loves these flags since they are so lovely to display and express such a generous,heartfelt Loving-Kindness for all beings. [/SIZE][/FONT]