[B][COLOR=green][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]SWELL[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B] [I][COLOR=green][FONT=Arial]South Walton Environmental & Low-impact Living[/FONT][/COLOR][/I] [FONT=Arial][B]Monday, June 2, 2008, 6:00 pm[/B] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial][B]Summer Kitchen[/B][/FONT] N. Barrett Sq. [FONT=Arial]Rosemary Beach[/FONT] Directions: [FONT=Arial]The [B]Summer Kitchen[/B] is located in Rosemary Beach on the North side of 30A on the East side of Barrett Sq., next to Bamboo Bicycle. Food and drink will be available for purchase.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Paper or plastic? Bus or car? Old house or new? Does recycling really make a difference? Should I pay for solar panels or better insulation? More Americans are asking these questions as they try to make lifestyle changes toward more environmentally-friendly lives. Unfortunately, many consumers are flooded with advice based on emotion, not science, and are left confused about which are really the most important decisions.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]For nearly a decade, local resident [B]Christian Wagley[/B] has used research from the Union of Concerned Scientists to help guide actions in his own life. He'll share with us the teachings he follows as reported in the book: [I]The Consumer's Guide to Effective Environmental Choices, [/I]including 11 "Priority Actions for American Consumers"--a list that can help you decide where to focus on improving your own life in ways that make the most difference.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]If you find yourself interested in the following things, join us:[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]? Sustainable land use and construction practices[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]? Harmonious living between human and natural communities[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]? Creation and preservation of beauty[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]? Socially and environmentally conscious action[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]? Fascinating conversation[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]? Excellent food and drink[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]We will have the S.W.E.L.L. meeting once a month at different locations in South Walton[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]to appreciate each others? company and provide a place for conversation[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]about creating an abundant future.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]If you would like to be included on our list, send an email to: [EMAIL="chandra@cfhdesignstudio.com"]chandra@cfhdesignstudio.com[/EMAIL][/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Also, check out our blog at: [/FONT][FONT=MS Sans Serif][URL="http://sustainingsowal.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#810081][FONT=Arial]http://sustainingsowal.wordpress.com/[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL] [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Hope to see you there.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]? Susan Horn ? Chandra Hartman [/FONT]