[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I was approached a month ago to run for the District 5 Commission seat. After much discussion, I decided that if I could qualify via signature petitions, I would take on the challenge. In 3 days we gathered 399 signatures (371 were qualified) Thanks go to the wonderful people who have come forward to support me ! I attach my bio for you all to review.[/FONT] [CENTER][B][COLOR=#17365d]About ‘Sid’ Braunstien[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER]A resident of Walton County’s District 5 since 1997, Sid has always maintained a high profile and involvement in the community. Born in Philadelphia, Pa., Sid’s roots go back to growing up on a chicken farm in southern New Jersey. As a young man, he served in the US Air Force for five years, and then put himself through college while working full time and utilizing the GI bill. He graduated from St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, with a degree in Marketing, Management and Finance[/CENTER] [B][I]Professional Background…[/I][/B] [B]Montreal[/B][B], Canada & USA Territories[/B] ▪ Worked for Northern Telecom for 20 years in accounting, finance and sales, managing a staff of over 40 people and developing annual sales of $17 million. ▪ Founded a consulting firm and developed a line of products that saves thousands of acres of timber annually. [B]Walton [/B][B]County[/B] ▪ Director of Development for the Boys and Girls Club of Okaloosa and Walton County. Among his many accomplishments was building a strong Board of Directors of business leaders to benefit youth in both counties. ▪ In 2003,Sid graduated from Leadership Walton and took on the responsibilities of Manager of Marketing and Public Relations for Bass Pro Shops in Destin Commons. - Assisted non-profits with fund raising events, including conducting many fishing tournaments to benefit their causes. - Worked alongside commercial fisherman to impact changes in offshore fishing regulations [B][I]Personal Achievements[/I][/B] ▪ Sid and his wife Pat blended two families of teenagers in 1989. One offspring is a successful graphic design artist and the other three became award winning teachers. The Braunstien home now houses rescued dogs and a parrot. ▪ Sid has impacted the community in a significant way, through his work with non-profit organizations that benefit children and/or the environment. He particularly strives to help troubled youth. ▪ Served on the Board of Directors for: The Emerald Coast Marine Institute ▪ The Emerald Coast Foundation ▪ The Larry Hatchett Foundation ▪ Destin’s Fishing & History Museum ▪ The Citizen’s Committee for Florida Parks ▪ The Executive Board of the Boy Scouts of America ▪ Cultural Arts Association ▪ Walton County Habitat for Humanity [B][COLOR=#244061]My Walton County Mission…[/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=#244061]To improve Walton County by preserving its natural resources, maintaining balanced growth, making fiscally prudent decisions, assisting businesses, and benefiting the entire community [/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=#244061]rather than only a small segment or special interest group.[/COLOR][/B] People say that [LIST] [*]Sid asks questions until he gathers enough information to make the right decision. [*]Sid is well known for creative, outside-the-box solutions that benefit all sides of a controversy. [*]Sid is a friend to small businesses, the environment, kids, animals and the community. [*]Sid will make sure the county sets and lives within a wise budget. [*]Sid will establish guidelines and procedures to streamline decision making for the county. Sid listens to the needs of others, then efficiently and effectively follows through. [*]Sid Braunstien is the best choice to represent Walton County as District 5 Commissioner. [/LIST]]……….and he ALWAYS returns phone calls That's me! Please visit my website at [URL]http://votesidbraunstien4commissioner.vpweb.com[/URL] for more information