As the date of several key local elections looms, I find myself not really able to articulate major differences among candidates in most of the races. I subscribe to the DeFuniak Herald and read it, I read the Walton Sun, and I frequent this forum. If I'm having this much trouble differentiating the candidates on issues, I bet some others are as well. I really dislike voting for negative reasons, and I refuse to vote based on name recognition. I thought it might be a great idea to start a positive, testimonial based thread. I would love to hear why other SoWallers are supporting particular candidates -- the positive, issue-based reasons especially. So, maybe we could use this template: I am supporting [Candidate's name] for [Office] because of his/her stand on [Issue]. He/she has said [candidate's position on issue] and for this reason he/she has my support. With all the confusion regarding who can vote on what, and who stands for what, I think we could all use a dose of something positive to vote [I]for[/I], so that we can have a good turnout in South Walton come August 26th!