Hey, I just walked down the public beach today and was APPALLED at the trash littered up and down the shore from the spring break kids. I just moved here in Dec. and haven't heard much on the community effort to keep the beaches up. Are there any? If so, where do they meet? I'd love to know. Anyways, myself and about 15-20 locals so far are planning to meet up on the shore of Santa Rosa Beach at around 3:30 P.M. on Sun. and are planning to work our way down the shoreline with trash bags. I figure we'll start at one end and work our way down the beach. All are welcome to join and help. Hopefully, we'll be able to get most of the bulk of the garbage, but we are guessing that it'll take a few "meetings" on Sun. to clean the gulf shore side. I haven't looked on the bay side yet, but if anyone has seen any problem areas, feel free to report them and we'll get there too. It's OUR backyard and long after the irresponsibility of the visiting kids are gone, we're still here. I encourage you to join us or just pack a garbage bag or 2 in your pocket the next time you go to the beach. DON'T FORGET, the real money comes from the summer crowds and no one wants to sit on a litter-strewn beach. It falls to us to keep our area beautiful and clean. If you see a tattooed bald guy with a Rottweiler and a garbage bag walking past, feel free to join in for a bit. It'd be nice to meet some other eco-friendly people helping with the same cause. Jake