[color=black]I want to thank everyone on this board. The information that you give out really helped me plan my first, (and I know for sure not my last) trip to the lovely beaches and towns of 30-A.[/color] [color=black]Ok Good, Bad, and Ugly of the trip.[/color] [color=black]The good.[/color] [color=black]The water was just so clear and pretty and the beaches where not overly crowded. There was some sea weed but knowing that it is an important part of the circle of life on the beach, was not bad at all.[/color] [color=black]I wanted a place that was laid back, easy going we could relax, and boy did I ever find it. PERFECT. My son and I had a great time taking the kayak out. The wife read 6 books, (she just feel in love with the area). I read two books, One being Jimmy Buffetts Salty Piece of Land, (perfect setting to read it).[/color] [color=black]One thing we loved to do every night was fix the drink of our choice, take our Sirius radio and go down and star watch and tune in radio margaritaville. It is so clear there since you have very little lighting around that you get such a great view of the stars.[/color] [color=black]Food: Loved the restaurants down there. We ate at Pandora?s, Snapperheads, Goatfeathers,Yanni's,Seagrove Market Cafe',Red Bar, (did not get to go to Cafe' 30A,but will be the first place we go next time down there),and Great Southern at Seaside.[/color] [color=black]I must tell you about our experience at Great Southern. We had made reservations to eat at Bud and Alleys. We get to Bud and Alleys at 825, reservations are for 830. The hostess tells us that we will have to wait at the bar until 830, now it wasn?t like they where that busy, because you could see lots of open places to sit, so I ask for a menu, and after looking over the menu, the wife and I just did not see anything we cared for. I am sure it?s a very nice place to eat (I have ate at the Highland Bar and Grill where the chef use to work and I know his food is good), but we then went to the hostess and told her we where leaving and someone else could have our table. [/color] [color=black]As we walked back to the car I asked the wife where we are going to go, she said lets walk over to Great Southern, (the nights we went to seaside it was PACKED). I go over and ask the lady how long a wait it would be and she said not long, and she might get us in right away if we wanted to go inside and eat, which was fine with us. I asked for a menu and it had some great looking dishes, so we looked forward to eating there, the hostess there just made us feel like we where wanted. Our waiter, Steven was outstanding and food was excellent(Crab cakes came with Fried Green Tomatoes, and where very good). Steven told us the Chef had a great cookbook and I collect them so I ask to see it. He brought it to me; looking at the dishes in there I had to buy it. Steven said that he will be right back. Then the owner and Chef Jim Shirley came over with the book and signed it for us, and took some time to talk with us. So, as you can tell I was very impressed by the food and the attention that the staff gives you at this restaurant. I highly recommend it and all the ones that I mentioned they all where great.[/color] [color=black]The Bad:[/color] [color=black]Had to leave.[/color] [color=black]The Ugly.[/color] [color=black]Traffic at FlorAla.[/color] [color=black]In closing, for all of you that call 30-A home, you should be very proud, it is a wonderful place to visit, and I am sure even better place to call home.[/color]