I saw this guy walking in the middle of 4 lanes in Watersound this morning. He was likely displaced by construction of the new Medical Center and apartments that are underway. He was looking for water and was a hundred yards or so away from the entrance pond. I picked him up and carried him toward the pond. He was relaxed and watching. When he spotted the pond he started going nuts. I set him down and he sprinted to the water. Surprisingly fast! [ATTACH=full]77937[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]77936[/ATTACH] [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_softshell_turtle"]Florida softshell turtle - Wikipedia[/URL] The Florida softshell turtle is a large turtle with a flattened, pancake-like body, a long neck, an elongated head with a long [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snorkel_(swimming)']snorkel-like[/URL] nose, and large webbed feet, each with three claws. While most turtles have hard [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_shell']shells[/URL] composed of [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scute']Scutes[/URL], the Florida softshell has a [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartilage']cartilaginous[/URL] [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carapace']carapace[/URL] covered in leathery skin. Ranging from olive green to dark brown, it has the darkest coloration of all the softshell species that inhabit Florida...