• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
OK I am in need of some new protection for my computers.....

Does anyone have suggestions??? I usually use norton

ladybug8876

leslie lou
Mar 20, 2005
Paducah, Ky
http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

I've used Norton and McAfee and both have missed viruses. These days you also need a good spyware program too. Stopzilla is working for us right now but I hear Webroot is good too.

My parents recently had their computer worked on by the guy who does the updates on my Moms computer at her work. He said he never uses the above for that reason. So when he fixed theirs he uploaded AVG Anti-Virus Free Addition. Hey if a computer geek says its good, then I'd go with it. They have had good luck with it and I just recently put it on my laptop. No problems yet.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
I use both McAfree VirusScan (I think that's what it's called) and Webroot Spy Sweeper on my desktop, and AVG free edition and Webroot Spy Sweeper on my laptop. Happy with 'em all - although I pay subscription fees for the McAfree and Webroot programs.

hutch

Beach Lover
Jill, your choices are good. McAfee Antivirus is what we use for our techie office. AVG is excellent for home users and it's free! Counterspy is one of the best spyware software. Zone Alarm is good but can cause problems if you do not know what security level to setup and sometimes it will lock up your browser and require rebooting.

the hutch

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
I hear smiley j's spreading something like herpes...:dunno:

howlin'enterpri

Beach Comber
Aug 16, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I have computers (x3) at home and also 2 at the office, (yes a total of 5). I have AVG virus protection on all of them. The free version on the ones at the house & the business version on the office ones. Also, on the office computers we run webroot spy sweeper. The webroot get the adware stuff off & helps the AVG. If you have any questions about virus, computers etc contract Greg at Image Computers 850-622-3284. The guys at Image Computers are GREAT!