• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
Is there anything you don't do???:dunno:

They are beautiful!

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
Those are really great! Are they charcoal? You got Jdarg's favorite chair in one of them! They remind me of the portrait artists in New Orleans. I don't know if they are still doing portraits there as this was many, many years ago.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Way cool SJ. :clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Is there anything you don't do???:dunno:

They are beautiful!
Thanks, all. To answer that question :roll:, yes, there is something that I don't do well -- clean my house. :rotfl: Mostly, my philosophy in life is that just because I haven't tried to do something, doesn't mean I cannot do it. I may not be worth a crap at it, but have you ever seen Picasso's first sketches? Anyone can do anything if given the right instruction and he or she has the desire or passion.

Many years ago, I use to draw a little bit, and was recently inspired, when listening to the music of Jimmi Wz, to pick up an old 7th grade favorite of mine from Science Class -- charcoal pencils. So, now I am just trying to draw people whom I see everyday, here in SoWal. You can probably tell from the sketches above, that Jimmi Wz was my first drawing in about 15 years. The most recent one I did this morning is of Geoff, and that is the one on which I was working when I punctured my arm with the knife :eek:.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:love: :clap_1: ...wonderful! Have you finished my Wiz, yet? ;-)

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
Thanks, all. To answer that question :roll:, yes, there is something that I don't do well -- clean my house. :rotfl: Mostly, my philosophy in life is that just because I haven't tried to do something, doesn't mean I cannot do it. I may not be worth a crap at it, but have you ever seen Picasso's first sketches? Anyone can do anything if given the right instruction and he or she has the desire or passion.

Maybe it's a creative thing!! (I seem to have the same problem:cool: )

You're right about the right instruction- I've seen kids do amazing things with the right directions.