• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Valentine Exchange

New posts
just a note to everyone thinking of playing valentines... it is suppose to be an easy project (right?), and nothing extravagant or time consuming. my valentine card is going to be very simple, child-like and sincere (maybe even a little gross, who knows?). or it may be made by a four year old. not sure yet...

we'll be making valentine cards for 3-6 year old class friends, and we'll add one more for my sowal valentine!

just wanted to mention this so folks won't be scared away by this simple but sweet exchange...
i'm not scared, i'm terrified! i have no artistic ability whatsoever. I repeat, whatsoever. That's why I haven't committed yet.
Tree, love your 'tar! Mr. Pod has a Klimt painting on his right shoulder.
 
i'm not scared, i'm terrified! i have no artistic ability whatsoever. I repeat, whatsoever. That's why I haven't committed yet.
Tree, love your 'tar! Mr. Pod has a Klimt painting on his right shoulder.

what? a tattoo??? I gotta see it!

pea - I'm telling you that most (or some of us like me) of us are not artists and have no idea what we're doing. just wing it, like we did on the christmas ornaments. don't be afraid! just be a child and play! valentine's day cards should be funn and silly and playful. mine will look exactly like a four year old did it, though I'll do it myself!
 
what? a tattoo??? I gotta see it!

pea - I'm telling you that most (or some of us like me) of us are not artists and have no idea what we're doing. just wing it, like we did on the christmas ornaments. don't be afraid! just be a child and play! valentine's day cards should be funn and silly and playful. mine will look exactly like a four year old did it, though I'll do it myself!
OK, I'm in.
Yes, it's "The Maiden." Done many years ago, took many hours and many hundreds of dollars. Has gotten a little fuzzy over time, though, so it probably needs to be redone or something else inked over it.
 
OK, I'm in.
Yes, it's "The Maiden." Done many years ago, took many hours and many hundreds of dollars. Has gotten a little fuzzy over time, though, so it probably needs to be redone or something else inked over it.

if I ever got a tattoo, then it would be something beautifully crazy like that! love it.

glad you're in. NO FEAR!!! just the heart and hand of a child. :wub:
 
what? a tattoo??? I gotta see it!

pea - I'm telling you that most (or some of us like me) of us are not artists and have no idea what we're doing. just wing it, like we did on the christmas ornaments. don't be afraid! just be a child and play! valentine's day cards should be funn and silly and playful. mine will look exactly like a four year old did it, though I'll do it myself!

OK then, I'm in ... but ..
images-5.jpg


:eek:
 
Tootsie, even though you were pleading with Peapod to join in, you convinced me as well. I used to be creative, but years of working with financial details caused that part of my brain to wilt and wither.

I am, however, armed and dangerous with Sharpies. :roll:
 
Tootsie, even though you were pleading with Peapod to join in, you convinced me as well. I used to be creative, but years of working with financial details caused that part of my brain to wilt and wither.

I am, however, armed and dangerous with Sharpies. :roll:

yea!

I swear, I'm not even making a trip to the store for supplies. I'm going to dig out spidey's art supplies, and some of the odds and ends left over from previous projects with the kids at school, and find something that I can work with. construction paper, maybe some stamps, I've got little pom poms, glitter, glue, and scraps of paper, etc. it will definitely have to do.
 
Last edited:
Okay, I'll play, but I better have to make a Valentine for a guy, unless I guess it is 30gAy, but I really don't want to "pull" his name either. ...and I don't want any husbands or boyfriends knocking on my door at 3am accusing me of sexing up their valentine.

Lucky for you I'm letting you off the hook this year as 30-gAy does not participate in any 'craft' activities due to injuries sustained in a hot glue gun incident.

Oh it was awful, let me tell you -there I was, Martha on the TV, a Cosmopolitan in one hand, and a glue gun in the other.......when BAM! (I said Martha on TV, not Emeril) it went off in my hand.

I was picking glitter and seashells off my arm for a week.

Besides, I was only going to play if I got to swap with Florida Girl.........I suspect she has a bit of a crush on me.....:wub:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top