• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What to do withleaves?

New posts

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
I am going to rake my leaves up soon. Will the city/garbage folks come by after them? And do they need to be in particular bags? TIA
Edit: I am in Dune Allen--might help to know that.
 
Last edited:
Not sure of their schedule in Dune Allen, but Waste Management is supposed to collect bagged yard debris one day per week. No special bags required, but it does have to be bagged.
 
Let's get ecological here!: Compost those suckers. Makes GRAYT mulch!!
 
Not sure of their schedule in Dune Allen, but Waste Management is supposed to collect bagged yard debris one day per week. No special bags required, but it does have to be bagged.

They come to Eastern Lake one day a week, on Wednesday. And I don't think it all has to be bagged. Leaves, certainly. But my neighbor just trimmed his trees and just dragged the limbs out there - and they took them. And that's not the first time.
 
Thanks all. It is way too many leaves for me to compost. Scores of bags probably and thats a lot to turn over and over and over etc.. Good thought though.
 
All the information you have been given appears to be correct. Call 862-7141 to find out the schedule for your area.
 
They come to Eastern Lake one day a week, on Wednesday. And I don't think it all has to be bagged. Leaves, certainly. But my neighbor just trimmed his trees and just dragged the limbs out there - and they took them. And that's not the first time.


My neighbor cleared brush, neatly stacked it next to the road, and it has been there for 2 months.:lol: He has started hauling it away himself, I think.
 
I am going to rake my leaves up soon. Will the city/garbage folks come by after them? And do they need to be in particular bags? TIA
Edit: I am in Dune Allen--might help to know that.

Let's get ecological here!: Compost those suckers. Makes GRAYT mulch!!

Thanks all. It is way too many leaves for me to compost. Scores of bags probably and thats a lot to turn over and over and over etc.. Good thought though.

Run 'em over with the lawnmower. Repeat. You won't believe how much you'll reduce the bulk, and it helps them to break down faster, too. Put in beds. It conserves water and is really good for the soil.
 
Run 'em over with the lawnmower. Repeat. You won't believe how much you'll reduce the bulk, and it helps them to break down faster, too. Put in beds. It conserves water and is really good for the soil.

I don't think anyone owns a lawnmower here, do they?:floor:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top