• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Election predictions

New posts
Low turnout in the southern districts and high popularity for Cecilia in the northern districts.
The whole county chooses, not just district 5.

:eek:....for real? that is not right! y'all need some reform down there!
 
:eek:....for real? that is not right! y'all need some reform down there!

Yep, all 35,000+ registered voters in this county have a say in that election.
Only precincts 29, 18, and part of 15 exist in dist. 5
So, technically, if the voting in that race was left only up to residents of 5, no one east of 395 would be voting in it.
 
Low turnout in the southern districts and high popularity for Cecilia in the northern districts.
The whole county chooses, not just district 5.

well, there is tomorrow.........the MAIN voting day I might add. Don't count us out yet.

Sowal!!!!!! VOTE :lolabove:
 
well, there is tomorrow.........the MAIN voting day I might add. Don't count us out yet.

Sowal!!!!!! VOTE :lolabove:

Oh, I'm not counting anyone out, just showing them why it's so important to turn out. I truly hope I'm surprised and proud of the turnout in 1 and 5 tomorrow.
 
Yep, all 35,000+ registered voters in this county have a say in that election.
Only precincts 29, 18, and part of 15 exist in dist. 5
So, technically, if the voting in that race was left only up to residents of 5, no one east of 395 would be voting in it.

That may be correct, but Dist 1 (areas east of hwy 395) would already have their voice sitting in a chair.
 
That may be correct, but Dist 1 (areas east of hwy 395) would already have their voice sitting in a chair.

Correct. I was just pointing out that it isn't really a north/south thing when it comes to 5 by itself.
I don't really have a full understanding of why it is set up the way it is (a matter of history?), but I do question the purpose. I mean, I don't get to decide the house representative for the Tampa area, which makes perfect sense in my head. I would love to hear the argument for why we do it this way.
 
I would also like to know that answer. Maybe at one time, South Walton Dist 5 didn't have enough residents to really represent a fifth of the County??? or, maybe the peeps in North Walton didn't want to lose control, so just pretended to let the race for Dist 5 appear to be fair??? I have no idea.
 
Perhaps when Cecelia wins the seat with about 5% of of the vote in the district she'd supposedly represent, but is still the winner, we can all say thanks to the Republican Party of Walton County for allowing someone who is not a member of the community to run for office in a district where she doesn't reside and exploit the system, and exploit the five way race.
 
Lee Perry was backed by a ton of money and there were a lot of people shocked that Cindy won. She had the votes of a lot of people in the south and I don't think she had opposition other than Lee. It's possible there are too many candidates to split the vote and Jones could walk in the back door. This scenario could be prevented by a strong league of voters backing one candidate early. No doubt Osbourne would trounce anyone else if Hudson and Braunstein weren't running. He might still pull it out. I won't vote for Jones because she trashed my beautiful SoWal with her signs. That's like slapping me and then asking for a kiss.
 
Perhaps when Cecelia wins the seat with about 5% of of the vote in the district she'd supposedly represent, but is still the winner, we can all say thanks to the Republican Party of Walton County for allowing someone who is not a member of the community to run for office in a district where she doesn't reside and exploit the system, and exploit the five way race.

Well... the party can't stop her from running. Anyone is free to put themselves on the ballot. And, I don't think anyone can truly say they know for a fact she doesn't live in 5. She owns a couple homes in 5. She just happens to have more connections on the other side of the bay than most... but she's also lived here longer than the other candidates.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top