organicmama
Beach Fanatic
Why did they form here?
Go DuneLaker!!!![]()
Why did they form here?
Where else on earth are other dune lakes?
Why can't we get rid of the unnatural palm trees & just keep the palmettos around here?:roll:
That is a continuing revelation. Right now, now too many other places are noted for having coastal dune lakes and they are globally rare. Oregon, New Zealand, Australia and Madagascar to name a few. But, just last night I was talking to a friend from Germany and she mentioned there may be some in France. I say we need to go and check this out.
Yes, most of the palm trees are out of place here. People would be much better keeping their saw palmettos which can live 400-600 years. Talk about a good root system that will hold your soil in a storm.
That is a continuing revelation. Right now, now too many other places are noted for having coastal dune lakes and they are globally rare. Oregon, New Zealand, Australia and Madagascar to name a few. But, just last night I was talking to a friend from Germany and she mentioned there may be some in France. I say we need to go and check this out.