• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

best grocery store?

New posts
MonicaQA We open at 7:00 AM but if Charlie or Carmel see you at the door any time after we get there, they will let you in. SoonerKim, I am at Modica Market, in Seaside!
I look forward to seeing you guys!
 
I vote for Watercolor Publix, supplemented by Saturday Seaside Farmer's market.

Publix may be a chain, but they act like a small town supermarket.
 
If your coming down 331 hit the Walmart in DeFuniak. It is cheaper on most everything. I will say that meat and produce are better at Publix but there is a pretty huge difference in price.

I love Modica's too :-)

You get what you pay for. If you shop Publix's buy one get one free sales properly you can make out like a bandit. I always seem to leave a Walmart in a bad mood. :idontno:
 
Scooterbug44: How late does the Farmers Market at Seaside stay open? We will be in early afternoon, is that too late?
 
They are currently open 8-12 because of the heat (but the good stuff runs out after 10ish). In cooler months it is 9-1.

There is also an organic grocery (For the Health of It) in Blue Mountain that I believe is open 9-5 on saturdays.
 
Stop and say Hi! I will be the Deli lady in purple crocs. (Yes I said purple. I had to lay the orange ones to rest after a year of hard labor.):welcome:
Your "shameless plug" was quite justified. All of us who live here permanently know Modica's is legendary and an institution.
 
Your "shameless plug" was quite justified. All of us who live here permanently know Modica's is legendary and an institution.

Sometimes a push button thanks just wont do it. It's the little things like Charlie's hardy Hello and Mr. Modica's hug and sweet smile. I still think it's the cherry in the lemonade and the extra whip cream on your waffle and the family feel of the place.
 
Deli Love: I am the grocery business myself ( assistant store manager ) here in N.E. Oklahoma. I will stop by and check out your store. Who knows, when we move there in a few years, I may come in and apply for a job. See ya in a few of days.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top