• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Governor Scott's approval ratings

New posts
How is it short sighted exactly? I think it's about time the critics start getting specific. I think you all are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.


I guess your mole hill doesn't include taking a 3% paycut after five years no COLA like I had to. If it's not hitting your pocket book or less food on the table for your family then yes, I guess that is a mole hill.
 
I guess your mole hill doesn't include taking a 3% paycut after five years no COLA like I had to. If it's not hitting your pocket book or less food on the table for your family then yes, I guess that is a mole hill.
it's a molehill because he doesn't give a **** about people who made a career of putting their profession ahead of a healthy salary.
 
Money doesn't grow on trees. If you want more spending instead of less, push for ways to increase revenue, starting with the local millage rates. If people want more money spent on education, increase the taxes on yourself to provide it.
what's the income tax in florida? what state ranks consistently in the bottom tier in education? who has an unindicted felon for a governor. whose postings have a consistent theme of self interest?
 
Last edited:
I guess your mole hill doesn't include taking a 3% paycut after five years no COLA like I had to. If it's not hitting your pocket book or less food on the table for your family then yes, I guess that is a mole hill.

Just a question. Is the 3% pay cut being put into retirement?
 
I guess your mole hill doesn't include taking a 3% paycut after five years no COLA like I had to. If it's not hitting your pocket book or less food on the table for your family then yes, I guess that is a mole hill.


florida2011budget.jpg


Where would you pull the money from? People seem skilled around here at complaining, how about some solutions for a change?
 
what the **** kind of worldview goes after educators?

It doesn't have a thing to do with educators, it has to do with where the state spends all it's money. Social services, education, and transportation make up the lion share of where state revenues go. When there's a budget short fall, where are you going to find the savings? The court system? Not likely. The other solutions are to raise taxes (which we did in 2008) or to borrow (which we did in 2009 and 2010). The general population gave a big thumbs down to tax increases in the last election (they voted for the "felon" vs. Sunk remember?) and borrowing is fiscally short sighted. So the end result is we cut back on spending until the economy improves and generates more tax revenue.
 
Last edited:
Oh, and by the way, the state has also been borrowing to pay for things, and we still came up short.

http://www.ncsl.org/?tabid=13294

$2,305,300,000.00 for unemployment. Thankfully it's intergovernmental. The feds can write this off if they need to.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top