• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Count me it. The lack of common sense displayed in many posts lately is appaling.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
There is absolutely no reason that enforcing the BAO is not a priority and that the TDC does not hire enough people to make sure it is fairly and evenly enforced. I consider enforcement officers and the equipment and training they need to be infrastructure supporting tourism. I include removing those trespass signs as being part of enforcing the BAO.
Do you not see that the reason for all the barriers is to comply with the WCSO SOP?

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
You would have to be fairly naïve or blind not to see that the WCSO SOP is a major contributing factor to our current predicament. But the root cause is the desire of the beach front owners to restrict use of the beaches. Lack of enforcement of the beach activities ordinance is a major contributing factor to that desire but there are others. All of these items are a major departure from decades of customary practices along the beaches.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
May we preserve and protect our beaches, dunes and lakes, know and follow beach rules, leave no trace, remove signs, reduce and manage vendor chairs, know what the flag system means and stay safe, see proper enforcement and exercise customary use of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

Keep beaches clear and clean for people, sea turtles and animals. Leave the beach clean, dark and flat during sea turtle nesting season. And enjoy every moment with your children, family and friends.

Dont forget sunscreen.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! The season is here. Wishing everyone a safe a beautiful summer.❤

FB_IMG_1464318856575.jpg

Thanks to local friends for sending in the art. Bumper stickers will be out for pick up soon.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
You would have to be fairly naïve or blind not to see that the WCSO SOP is a major contributing factor to our current predicament. But the root cause is the desire of the beach front owners to restrict use of the beaches. Lack of enforcement of the beach activities ordinance is a major contributing factor to that desire but there are others. All of these items are a major departure from decades of customary practices along the beaches.

Danny, while we may not agree 100% on Customary Use, at least you do see that WCSO SOP, and lack of enforcement are very culpable in this mess.

Now only if the others kicking and screaming about "their" sand understood this, we may be able to move towards a solution.

I think it will take Dave R and his group some time as they are still drinking the Adkinson cool aid. They are big supporters of him and are using the fact that the SOP is basically Unenforceable to their advantage so they can trespass on Private Property, with nothing to stop them.

This SOP was created specifically by Adkinson just for this reason.

The Walton Two Step. Mike can sit back and grin as blame rolls off his back like water off a duck. I told you, he's a real good dancer .

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
...using the fact that the SOP is basically Unenforceable to their advantage so they can trespass on Private Property, with nothing to stop them.
Well then I will vote for Adkinson forever.

Is that why you hate him so much?