• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

stone packard

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2018
niceville
It's amusing that "SoWal" seems to be an elite entity, unrelated to the rest of Walton County. You people need to secede from Walton County.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It is a distinct geographical region. However elite it is, is probably in the eye of the beer holder. Seems like there are a lot of regions defined like that: Michigan Upper Peninsula, West Virginia, South Florida, Chicago South Side, The Outer Banks. We just ain't that unique.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
The people of this area have thought that same thing for a long time. There are alot of reasons we should but the powers that be to the north arent gonna let go of their golden goose.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal resident are pretty regular. Most SoWal visitors (and newcomer) however consider themselves to be quite elite and throwing a little money around means they own the place.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
SoWal resident are pretty regular. Most SoWal visitors (and newcomer) however consider themselves to be quite elite and throwing a little money around means they own the place.
I agree. I have a family member that always bragged to her friends in Alabama that she vacationed in Grayton Beach. If she only knew how Grayton and the locals really were back in those days (mid to late 80s)
....:rotfl:

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
I agree. I have a family member that always bragged to her friends in Alabama that she vacationed in Grayton Beach. If she only knew how Grayton and the locals really were back in those days (mid to late 80s)
....:rotfl:
Drunk is how we were.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
And there was nothing "elite" about us either....most us were poor and HAD to fish to eat.