• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Has anyone been to the last two Commissioner's meetings? July 9th and July 23?
Check out Eastern Lake Road addresses 392 and 406. Parking lot coming for 57 vehicles. Homes coming down. Run off into Eastern Lake (Contaminates from car oil, traffic, lights). All for the Eastern Lake access on the hairpin turn. If anyone is curious.
There is a thread about it. you should post there.

Rachael Ashman McKee

Beach Lover
May 21, 2012
Seacrest
There is a reason why power brokers do not use their real names. Think about it. They do not want us to know who they are because they are hiding their purpose. If we knew their names their purpose would be exposed. This thread was about EXCLUSION AND POWER. They are skilled and determined. Trust your conscience!
I am a BFO and have nothing to hide nor hide behind. Proudly, I have the Constitution and no need for anything else.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
So TDC just raised the tourist tax from 4% to 5% effective January 1st. Anybody know the justification for this offhand?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
What happened to Rachael's Post? I was trying to thank her for being a good neighbor and to apologize for lumping her in the power broker category. I also wanted to agree with her about property rights defined by the Constitution however I view this issue as NOT about property rights and more about a play for power. Maybe you have not noticed but the posts that I call power brokers are trying to weaken the local government and gain control of the beach. The "beach" is our community! If you believe in community then you would see the difference between the reality of this situation and what they keep telling you. Unless they have been deleted you can go back and read their post regarding community, The People and local government which they don't care for much. I do understand the argument about behavior and Dave has a proposal that addresses the behavior. The power brokers don't listen. They talk...a lot. They slice and dice. They have but one agenda: POWER.

Rachael Ashman McKee

Beach Lover
May 21, 2012
Seacrest
What happened to Rachael's Post? I was trying to thank her for being a good neighbor and to apologize for lumping her in the power broker category. I also wanted to agree with her about property rights defined by the Constitution however I view this issue as NOT about property rights and more about a play for power. Maybe you have not noticed but the posts that I call power brokers are trying to weaken the local government and gain control of the beach. The "beach" is our community! If you believe in community then you would see the difference between the reality of this situation and what they keep telling you. Unless they have been deleted you can go back and read their post regarding community, The People and local government which they don't care for much. I do understand the argument about behavior and Dave has a proposal that addresses the behavior. The power brokers don't listen. They talk...a lot. They slice and dice. They have but one agenda: POWER.
Hey, I’m still here. Love this place, love our community, and have since the 60’s

Rachael Ashman McKee

Beach Lover
May 21, 2012
Seacrest
I was Gailforce until I decided to ditch my nom de plume, so you may not always like me.

catmoney

Beach Comber
May 23, 2009
looks like someone bet on a pair of 10's

Landers v. Milton
Ralph v. City of Daytona Beach
Harbor Beach Surf Club, Inc. v. Water Taxi of Ft. Lauderdale, Inc.
Andrews v. Department of Natural Resources, State of Fla.
Bryan v. City of West Palm Beach
White v. Hughes
Lomack v. Mowrey
Harris v. City of Neptune Beach
Landa v. Charles S. Whiteside, Inc.
Wamser v. City of St. Petersburg, 339 So.2d 244, 246 (Fla. 2d DCA 1976)
Breaux v. City of Miami Beach
Kendrick v. Ed's Beach Service, Inc.
Avallone v. Board of County Com'rs of Citrus County
McPhee v. Dade County
Janes v. Consolidated Inns of Daytona Beach
Florida Dept. of Natural Resources v. Garcia

About 1300 cases total..

I use to post on this subject some, but we bought some property in Bay County, so we don't deal with private beaches anymore. I still own property in NoWal and SoWal so, I still follow the conversation. I looked up these cases. None of them have anything to do with a private beach front owner's liability. Four involve auto accidents on the beach; one involves a footbridge that boats can't get under; four involve drownings at state, county or municipal parks; three are non-beach related trip and falls; two involve people diving into the ocean at either state or city parks; one involves diving into a hotel pool; one involves a suit against a city for a shark attack. One of the four auto accident cases was against a motel. However, the Court granted the Defendant motel summary judgment meaning they have no liability.

None of these case are examples of a private beach front owner being held liable for an injury that occurred on their property.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Hey Rachael! Thank you for your community spirit! As for me I generally like people...even when they disagree with me. So even if you and I disagree it matters not in the big picture. Life is short. I say live and let live! These people I call power brokers are very interesting. I assume they are not from here. If they are they sure don’t talk like it. They are too systematic. Too smooth. Too glib. Because they hide their names and follow an agenda that diminishes any value outside their own interest I conclude that they are not what they say. Back to community. There is a simple little book titled Seed Folks that I read once or twice every year. It was given to me as a gift. You might enjoy it especially in this polarized world. I feel we must be aware of people that try to divide us. That little book is amazing. If you do read it let me know what you think. Power to The Community!

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Catmoney thank you for your research. These power brokers must think we are stupid. I think we can now add deception to their agenda.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
I use to post on this subject some, but we bought some property in Bay County, so we don't deal with private beaches anymore. I still own property in NoWal and SoWal so, I still follow the conversation. I looked up these cases. None of them have anything to do with a private beach front owner's liability. Four involve auto accidents on the beach; one involves a footbridge that boats can't get under; four involve drownings at state, county or municipal parks; three are non-beach related trip and falls; two involve people diving into the ocean at either state or city parks; one involves diving into a hotel pool; one involves a suit against a city for a shark attack. One of the four auto accident cases was against a motel. However, the Court granted the Defendant motel summary judgment meaning they have no liability.

None of these case are examples of a private beach front owner being held liable for an injury that occurred on their property.

Wow...thanks for looking into this because I am not knowledgeable on how to get that info. Looks like, if your research is correct, my hand is looking pretty good.