• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
BMBV you might be in a 3rd category :) Just kidding. Based only on when you joined this forum I assume that you are from Blue Mountain Beach. I have no problem apologizing to the BFO who supports community. You have to admit that these other characters leave room for credibility. I have only posted my opinion. Over and over and over these power brokers have hammered that they are dealing in fact and everyone else are just emotional basket cases wanting something for nothing. Catmoney did expose them. I know that you support property rights and I understand and agree but this is not just about property rights. They are trying weaken the county government and divide us so that they can take over the economics. You might very well share the beach but I am absolutely certain that a Corporate control of the beach will not be good for you or me. By the way do you know who I am? FBB with all that data at his/her finger tips is not able to know that information even though my name is clearly spelled out. I understand your beef with CU supporters. I really think they get carried away sometimes and nothing justifies calling anyone derogatory names but at least they are local people and have a single purpose. They have admitted that there is a problem with beach behavior, beach vending, beach density etc. They are willing to address every issue that BPO's have except exclusion. I am really in the middle of this issue. I understand both sides but you and I both should know that these power brokers want more than control of the beach. If you want to stop by my place sometime we can talk about it. I would trust you on my property if you are local. Corporate people are all about one thing: Profit. Control the market. Control the resources. Then sit back and watch the sunset. Community people are also business people and care about profit but they care about the community. I hope that is where you stand. Yes you have earned your right to own beach front property but you have not earned the right to exclude respectful people from the beach. We can agree to disagree and still be friends because we are both part of this community. These Corporate Power Brokers are not our friends.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
BMBV you might be in a 3rd category :) Just kidding. Based only on when you joined this forum I assume that you are from Blue Mountain Beach. I have no problem apologizing to the BFO who supports community. You have to admit that these other characters leave room for credibility. I have only posted my opinion. Over and over and over these power brokers have hammered that they are dealing in fact and everyone else are just emotional basket cases wanting something for nothing. Catmoney did expose them. I know that you support property rights and I understand and agree but this is not just about property rights. They are trying weaken the county government and divide us so that they can take over the economics. You might very well share the beach but I am absolutely certain that a Corporate control of the beach will not be good for you or me. By the way do you know who I am? FBB with all that data at his/her finger tips is not able to know that information even though my name is clearly spelled out. I understand your beef with CU supporters. I really think they get carried away sometimes and nothing justifies calling anyone derogatory names but at least they are local people and have a single purpose. They have admitted that there is a problem with beach behavior, beach vending, beach density etc. They are willing to address every issue that BPO's have except exclusion. I am really in the middle of this issue. I understand both sides but you and I both should know that these power brokers want more than control of the beach. If you want to stop by my place sometime we can talk about it. I would trust you on my property if you are local. Corporate people are all about one thing: Profit. Control the market. Control the resources. Then sit back and watch the sunset. Community people are also business people and care about profit but they care about the community. I hope that is where you stand. Yes you have earned your right to own beach front property but you have not earned the right to exclude respectful people from the beach. We can agree to disagree and still be friends because we are both part of this community. These Corporate Power Brokers are not our friends.

If it’s who I think he is he doesn’t even live here anymore.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
If it’s who I think he is he doesn’t even live here anymore.
Yea I can see that. Someone who lives here probably wouldnt say "holds beach front property"

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
@mputnal ,

My bubble has been bursted by @James Bentwood . I honestly thought you were a cute 67 year old female hippie with flowers in your hair. But James informs us that you’re a guy. That’s a tough one for me to swallow.

Now back to the subject at hand....I truly am confused when you continuously bring up “Corporate Power Brokers” (CPBs) and the negative connotations associated with that phrase as you present them.

I wish I was a CPB but am afraid that was not my calling. Like many outliers
I simply worked hard to achieve one of the dreams I’ve had since I was a child...to own (hold title to :blink:) property at the beach.

Do you fear CPBs that you describe will deprive the public of private beach access (defeat CU)
OR
Do you fear CPBs will continue to develop Walton County to the point that the “public” can’t even access public beach because of overcrowding?

They have admitted that there is a problem with beach behavior, beach vending, beach density etc. They are willing to address every issue that BPO's have except exclusion. I am really in the middle of this issue

Eliminate the right to exclusion and you have eliminated private property rights. And that’s why the attorneys are having a financial field day with the existing lawsuit brought to you by your favorite Walton County Commissioners. But then you’re smart enough to already to know this.

You’ll never convince me that “The People” are entitled to use my private property without compensation, period. Because “We, the people” (ALL OF US) enjoy all the protections afforded by the U.S. Constitution including the 5th amendment. Simple but true.

And I fully understand that I (we) will never a change a single mind of a CU proponent here on SoWal.

The whole point of this thread as initiated by Reggie Gaskins, IMHO, is to expose the false narratives, mistruths, character assassinations of BFOs, hypocrisy and so on presented by CU advocates. And personally, with the superb help of others, I personally think we’ve done an effective job. But if one doesn’t want to see, well then “it’s a free country”.

Oh, one positive constructive feedback....try using paragraphs. It might help organize your thoughts.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
@mputnal ,

My bubble has been bursted by @James Bentwood . I honestly thought you were a cute 67 year old female hippie with flowers in your hair. But James informs us that you’re a guy. That’s a tough one for me to swallow.

Now back to the subject at hand....I truly am confused when you continuously bring up “Corporate Power Brokers” (CPBs) and the negative connotations associated with that phrase as you present them.

I wish I was a CPB but am afraid that was not my calling. Like many outliers
I simply worked hard to achieve one of the dreams I’ve had since I was a child...to own (hold title to :blink:) property at the beach.

Do you fear CPBs that you describe will deprive the public of private beach access (defeat CU)
OR
Do you fear CPBs will continue to develop Walton County to the point that the “public” can’t even access public beach because of overcrowding?

Eliminate the right to exclusion and you have eliminated private property rights. And that’s why the attorneys are having a financial field day with the existing lawsuit brought to you by your favorite Walton County Commissioners. But then you’re smart enough to already to know this.

You’ll never convince me that “The People” are entitled to use my private property without compensation, period. Because “We, the people” (ALL OF US) enjoy all the protections afforded by the U.S. Constitution including the 5th amendment. Simple but true.

And I fully understand that I (we) will never a change a single mind of a CU proponent here on SoWal.

The whole point of this thread as initiated by Reggie Gaskins, IMHO, is to expose the false narratives, mistruths, character assassinations of BFOs, hypocrisy and so on presented by CU advocates. And personally, with the superb help of others, I personally think we’ve done an effective job. But if one doesn’t want to see, well then “it’s a free country”.

Oh, one positive constructive feedback....try using paragraphs. It might help organize your thoughts.
Blue Mountain Beach Public access

Attachments

• E02C5FCB-6F09-4BBA-85D5-70E8F3DFCD67.jpeg
    E02C5FCB-6F09-4BBA-85D5-70E8F3DFCD67.jpeg
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 63
  • D1CD2581-8EFF-4AD1-A534-6543AC956ABA.jpeg
    D1CD2581-8EFF-4AD1-A534-6543AC956ABA.jpeg
    606.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 8FDFFA67-310E-4F9B-B739-33879EAA48EF.jpeg
    8FDFFA67-310E-4F9B-B739-33879EAA48EF.jpeg
    638.2 KB · Views: 43

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
BMBV you have an interesting imagination :rolleyes: Nope sorry I am a regular old guy :cool: I am in my 60’s so you were close there. You are correct on my writing style. I’m usually in a big hurry and think I am going to post a couple sentences and the next thing I know it’s a long winded paragraph. I don’t like to break my train of thought.

Some of my writing is meant to expose those who are not interested in hearing what other people say. I have mentioned my wife a couple times. I guess you missed that.

I understand that you disagree and I respect your belief. Those people posting all the “facts” are not who they say they are. I’m am surprised that you would support deceptive people but that is your right. It is unfortunate that CU supporters hurt your feelings but at least you know them to be local people. If I am right about the Corporate Power Brokers then we will know soon. I believe they have a plan and it goes deep into the operations of this county. IMO we should find a compromise and keep them out but from what I know it is too late. Compared to your hurt feelings from the CU side the Corporate Power Brokers will talk for you, make all decisions for you and in the end you will not know what hit you. They intend to encorporate Sowal and run this place like a mega Corporation They already have money and people in place. So be careful what you wish for!