• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Internet Help

New posts

LowProfiling

Beach Lover
I made the huge mistake of thinking Starlink would be awesome. It's not. I have called seveal internet providers and I'm being told no dice. I have a new house on a new road they cut in the Shelter Cove area, they say they dont serve my area. As I look out my window and see 10+ houses around me I have a hard time believing none of my neighbors have internet. Can anyone shed anything...some like, some rain...anything.

Thank you
 
You should have access to DSL. Maybe Centurylink. T-Mobile 5G is good if you're near a tower. You can try free for 30 days.

No Mediacom or other cable?

Ask your neighbors?
 
I found out last night MediaCom could be a resolve. They are coming to the house today to see if they can run it up my road. It appears to be my only option thus far.
 
New road off a main road. I dont know why this is so hard. Guess its another living by the sea in a small town thing
Yeah it's all over the map. Some neighborhoods are getting fiber before cable.

Check to see if Live Oak has fiber on the main road.
 
Well... No dice with Media or Live Oak. Guess I'm dealing with Starlink, and focusing on the fact I get to live at the beach.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top