• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
SHELLY is on to something. Back in my teaching days, our school had a broken heater. The teachers (wearing their coats, gloves and hats, along with the students) complained to the principal, who complained to the district. Nothing happened until we asked the parents to call and complain. Had heat the next day.

We need some visitors to get all grossed out and complain!

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
That's IT, SC - the pic from Korea! Could you imagine that on our beaches?

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Exactly, I said in the other thread nothing is done for fear of making the tourists mad, as Shelly said if the "tourist's demand it be cleaned up it will get done. It is all about the money.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
That's IT, SC - the pic from Korea! Could you imagine that on our beaches?
I have seen a pic of Destin near the Back Porch that looked very similar. About 3 years ago I think.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Check out this video taken of Navarre beach in 2007--down toward Pensacola way...we're not the only folks having this problem--hear it's getting worse there this year too:

YouTube - Trash

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Why doesn't the county consider requiring a license that would allow a family to put up a tent. It would require that someone ride up and down the beach checking to see whether tents are permit legal with heavy fines for those that do not comply. But sounds like the problem has grown to the point it would bring in revenue. I don't like the part of human nature that will mar the beauty of the sea and the beach.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
I was steaming tonight seeing all the tents left and almost confronted a few of the "tent people". I like some of the ideas above. i say we buy 1000 tents and line them up and down the beach and leave them there for the whole summer. Is it going to take 1000"s of tents destroying the beauty of our beachs to get the county's attention. The beach is not private property thus people have no right to leave there tents up.I pay big property taxes to live in paradise and its time for laws to be enforced.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Please don't suggest licensing to set up sun protection on the beach! Accountability is good, but licensing sucks. We have too many as it is. We already have problems enforcing the existing codes.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I was steaming tonight seeing all the tents left and almost confronted a few of the "tent people". I like some of the ideas above. i say we buy 1000 tents and line them up and down the beach and leave them there for the whole summer. Is it going to take 1000"s of tents destroying the beauty of our beachs to get the county's attention. The beach is not private property thus people have no right to leave there tents up.I pay big property taxes to live in paradise and its time for laws to be enforced.

So those deeds that people are holding are meaningless? I did not realize that SCOTUS had made a decision yet.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
wrobert, those deeds aren't meaningless, but deeds do not give full rights, and you should know that. If you don't know that, you should not be in government.

BTW, That is a nice sea turtle photo you have for you avatar, but with your other comments about eating sea turtles, you are not worthy of having that avatar.