• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

5G in SoWal

New posts

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
I assume it's not widespread yet. Anyone know when AT&T powers up all their new towers? Might be time to switch? What about Verizon 5G?

I'm on Google Fi now but don't have a 5G phone yet - anyone on Fi get 5G? How is it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I assume it's not widespread yet. Anyone know when AT&T powers up all their new towers? Might be time to switch? What about Verizon 5G?

I'm on Google Fi now but don't have a 5G phone yet - anyone on Fi get 5G? How is it?
ATT and new towers powered up? That’s a joke..right? .. one by Franks in Grayton that’s it......
 
I thought all the new towers up and down 30A are AT&T.

Since the cell phone companies have gone to a pretty common standard regarding networks they'll likely be shared towers.

According to the doom sayers we'll know when they turn on because all of the birds will drop out of the sky.
 
Since the cell phone companies have gone to a pretty common standard regarding networks they'll likely be shared towers.

According to the doom sayers we'll know when they turn on because all of the birds will drop out of the sky.
lol and our covid cases skyrocket.

Wait, all the new towers will serve any phone? Are they on yet?
 
lol and our covid cases skyrocket.

Wait, all the new towers will serve any phone? Are they on yet?

They'll likely serve any 5g phone on various carriers, but the towers won't work for older model cell phones.

I don't believe they've been turned on.
 
I just ordered a 5G phone on Fi and will report back. It looks like T Mobile has some 5G coverage in the area which is one of the carriers Fi uses.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top