• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rambunkscious

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2007
Smiling Joe....wonderful!!! Thanks for the significant amount of time you have spent on this question....I appreciate a validation on what I swagged.....Scooterbug....
NATURE=HEAVEN is correct, I think they're going to have that national redfishing tournament out at rivercamps this weekend, might check it out.

If the closest lot is 3 miles then the average lot, somewhere in the middle of rivercamps could easily be 4 miles, not a big deal any which way you look at it. If you look at how big rivercamps is you will see using the closest lot to the entry is a very conservative way to measure this distance.

The diagonal shorter runway which appears to have a flight path over rivercamps is for smaller quieter aircraft, not a big deal either, because this runway will be primarily used to LAND smaller planes. I believe that this planning was done by Joe in conjunction with them donating the 4,000 acres for the airport; they wouldn't (and didnt have to) shoot themselves in the foot on the noise issue in their rivercamps development.

Last edited:

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aYomskNBwinE&refer=homehttp: Dec. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Japan?s $268 million Ibaraki Airport is on schedule to open for business in March 2010. The hard part will be persuading an airline to fly there.

The government and Ibaraki prefecture, home to 3 million people, are paying for the airport north of Tokyo, which won?t have train services and is a half-hour drive from Ibaraki?s capital, Mito. Japan Airlines Corp. and All Nippon Airways Co., which operate 90 percent of flights in the country, don?t plan to use it.

As the global credit crunch drives Japan into its first recession since 2001, the country is building roads and airports that have helped make it the world?s most indebted major economy. Critics say many of the projects have little economic value beyond the building industry.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
In the recent edition of "Global Airport Cities" (issue 2, Volume 3), there is a Special Report on Panama City, Florida and "The USA's new green airport." Mostly, the article talks about JOE and Bay County's vision of the future, and plans to develop around the new airport.