Well that's just

. I don't ever remember seeing the totem pole with scientific data on it. Perhaps you could find that pic for me? To equate tons of verifiable, reproducible, and in some cases tested; research and data to "thunder gods" is rediculous.
Ha! No matter how many time I read this post it still makes me giggle.
OK, so 100% of the research and data supports the CO2 equals global warming hypothesis? That isn't how I understand it;perhaps you can cite a study that elevates the 'theory' to a 'law'. Let me save you a trip to Google...none exist.
Is it possible that Al Gore is right? Yes. But extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence and that evidence does not yet exist. People get very emotional because politics have been injected into this and hyperbole fans the flame of debate among well meaning people.
Please view this clip, I think there is an analagous relationship to the global warming petition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw
I'll be honest - I'm not watching the video because I have slow internet connection and it would simply take to long. Send me an article to read, I'll read it, really.
Um, this wonderful thing that we all rely on everyday... The science that helped create computers, make better cars, planes, and so many things that seemed like science fiction a few years ago. It takes time for people to agree on things sometimes. I'm not holding my breath that 100% will agree on anything when it comes to science, especially when there is money to be made on both sides.
I hate to break it to you, but I don't really do politics. I don't have a fave canidate to 2008, I don't consider myself to really be a part of any party. I do have views and opinions on a lot of things in life.
I feel strongly about this because I don't see believing that Global Warming is real hurts anything. I would rather be wrong than run the risk of not believing, not making changes in my life, and suffering greatly for it.
You made the mistake of using reason and those who deny global warming exists don't often utilize that principle.
It finnally clicked how I know your "name"! I so miss that show!
Nobody denies we are experiencing a warming trend. Those with intellectual curiousity wonder if there is an explanation other than the hypothesis that mankind is to blame. Isn't that reasonable?
Nothing wrong with wondering. Nothing wrong with questioning motives, numbers, etc, etc. I think we all have to admit that we have changed the world forever. Our impact will live on beyond what we can ever imagine. How big that impact is, can be argued but my personal goal is lessening my impact. I do it at home, I do it at work, and I love sharing and learning about it.
We all want that "stuff" but please don't try conning me and the rest of the public to get it.
Or.. Sometimes we need to be shocked and scared to get people up and going. Is it right? No. Is it truthful? Unfortunately.
I would put my 2 cents here, but according to my restraining order (due to my unhealthy obsession with Mr. Gore);

I must refrain from commenting on any message that mentions his name.;-)

Doesn't posting that notice go against your restraining order? :shock::leaving: