• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Area Foreclosures

New posts
Those are the only bank owned foreclosures listed through the MLS. There may be more that are packaged and sold to investor groups in bulk? Plenty that the bank still hasn't taken back yet. I have Santa Rosa Beach and 30A in two different categories. I probably should have put "the rest of 30A". If you look in Santa Rosa Beach you will see more.
 
Josh,

Based on what I am seeing in the pending and closing data recently, it appears that November and December 2008 could be by far the worst two months of sales activity in recent memory. Does that correspond with what you are seeing in the market?
 
Josh,

Based on what I am seeing in the pending and closing data recently, it appears that November and December 2008 could be by far the worst two months of sales activity in recent memory. Does that correspond with what you are seeing in the market?

It doesn't look like it. Novemeber sales on single family homes between Destin and Inlet Beach totalled 42. That's higher than November of 2006 (34) and 2007 (39). It was the lowest sales total of the year, but that's pretty normal at the end of the year. Average price sold is about average for the year. Inventory was still down a little.

December looks to be about the same right now, but I'll let you know tomorrow when the final stats are out.
 
Josh,

Based on what I am seeing in the pending and closing data recently, it appears that November and December 2008 could be by far the worst two months of sales activity in recent memory. Does that correspond with what you are seeing in the market?


I was looking as this myself, since historically, November is a pretty good month for SoWal. 1999 and 2000 sales hit their highest secondary peak in November. This year however we are looking about even compared to the last two years. In September things were looking up but now sales are back down - no doubt due to the credit crisis.
 
It doesn't look like it. Novemeber sales on single family homes between Destin and Inlet Beach totalled 42. That's higher than November of 2006 (34) and 2007 (39). It was the lowest sales total of the year, but that's pretty normal at the end of the year. Average price sold is about average for the year. Inventory was still down a little.

December looks to be about the same right now, but I'll let you know tomorrow when the final stats are out.

Thanks for the info. Much better than I thought based on the data I have been seeing.
 
Thanks for the info. Much better than I thought based on the data I have been seeing.

I'll post the stats tomorrow at some point for you to see.
Not sure why I thought it was the end of December already. I'll let you know how it looks towards the end of the month.
 
Josh,

Based on what I am seeing in the pending and closing data recently, it appears that November and December 2008 could be by far the worst two months of sales activity in recent memory. Does that correspond with what you are seeing in the market?

Josh and Fisher,

I'm not a Realtor. Is there a site for the public that lists pending, etc. in real time?

JC
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top