• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mark you calendars. ArtsQuest is forthcoming. I think they will have multiple events, but I will mention only a couple of the fun ones. The best fun, in my opinion, is the Champagne tour of local galleries, on Thursday, May 5 -- Maybe you could follow up the tour with a jumbo margarita at CoCo's to help celebrate Mexico's Independence Day, Cinco de Mayo. Lisa's former House of Art was always a blast for the tour, and I hope that she and Gordie will have it on the tour again. This event will be a great opportunity to view some excellent works of art. Collaborations, in Seagrove, is another gallery that is always provides great fun. Maybe they will have Dread Clampitt play again this year. This tour is a great way to get out and see people and art, and have a bit of fun. Support the local artists! They help to keep this place fun and exciting. Remember to have a designated driver, because I don't want you killing me or my peeps. I think there are also a few shuttle buses.

Another great opportunity to see some fun artists is at Baytowne Wharf on Sat and Sun, April 7 & 8. This is a juried show, with artists from all over the country, including locals.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
ArtsQuest main page:
http://www.culturalartsassociation.org/aqdetailsnew.html

Main brochure pdf:
http://www.culturalartsassociation.org/artsquest05/AQ05%20Calendar%20of%20Events%20brochure.pdf

Champagne tour pdf brochure:
http://www.culturalartsassociation.org/artsquest05/AQ05%20Champ%20Tour%20Brochure.pdf
Walton County , FL ? ArtsQuest is a Week-long Celebration of the Arts presented by the Cultural Arts Association. Thousands of area residents and visitors will participate in a profusion of cultural activities taking place every day from May 2 ? 8 along the beautiful Beaches of South Walton. The cultural week culminates with the 17 th ArtsQuest Fine Arts Festival, a juried show, featuring over 100 regional and national artists on Mother?s Day weekend, May 7 - 8.

One of the largest art shows in NW Florida, the Fine Arts Festival will once again be held along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay at the picturesque pedestrian Village of Baytowne Wharf at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. The architecturally unique Village is an exciting waterfront hub boasting an events plaza and pedestrian friendly streets. The Village is also home to a collection of specialty merchants with quaint boutiques and charming eateries.

Ranked as one of the top 200 fine art shows in the country, as well as named the Gulf Coast?s best art show by Birmingham Magazine, ArtsQuest Fine Arts Festival offers a memorable experience for all.

The Village of Baytowne Wharf and the green lawns of the Grand Sandestin will be dotted with white tents of over 100 juried artists from all over the country. They are on hand to meet and greet the public and display their art in all mediums from oil, to acrylic, fiber, jewelry, pastel, mixed media, photography, digital art, metal, sculpture, pottery, glass and wood. Continuous live entertainment, a CAA member art exhibit, and children?s art activities are also offered at the Festival.

Festival attendees will be shuttled to The Village in air-conditioned buses that depart from two locations - Silver Sands Factory Stores on Highway 98, and a central Sandestin location on the north side of Highway 98, just east of Sandestin?s main entrance and Applebee?s Restaurant. Festival hours are 10 a.m. ? 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, May 7 and 8. Admission/Donation: $3 Adults ? Children Under 12 Free.

The many activities of ArtsQuest Week include a classical music performance by the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra on May 2; the Fine Art of Looking Good Fashion Show & Luncheon at prestigious Caf? Thirty-A on May 3; a Champagne Shopping Tour on May 5 featuring more than thirty art galleries and shops along Scenic Highway 30-A in South Walton County; demonstrations throughout the week; and a gala Art Preview Party on May 6, the eve of the Fine Arts Festival at the Baytowne Conference Center, where guests can preview art and purchase art ahead of the public Festival weekend which will be May 7-8.

ArtsQuest is one of the major annual undertakings of the Cultural Arts Association and its members. The mission of the CAA, a not-for-profit 501 (C) 3 corporation, is to provide life-long learning through arts education and appreciation by promoting the fine Arts, performing arts, the humanities and showcasing the works of artists. Proceeds raised from this event go back into the community through their CAA Educational Giving Program.

For further information and a detailed schedule of events, visit on-line at www.CulturalArtsAssociation.org, or call the CAA Message Center at (850) 231-0885.