• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Whew, good thing fuel prices, materials, and insurance rates haven't gone up since 2004. Good thing the, remaining, county employees dollar goes just as far as 2004.

Edit: Lord knows with the Census coming that the population hasn't grown either.
/sarcasm off/

We can't print Obama bucks here. (Sarcasm off)

By the way they aren't making what they were making in 2004.

Use your influence and get us a Bailout. Oh darn we would be the ones having to pay that back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We can't print Obama bucks here. (Sarcasm off)

By the way they aren't making what they were making in 2004.

Use your influence and get us a Bailout. Oh darn we would be the ones having to pay that back.
Posted via Mobile Device

With alzheimer's and at your age I wouldn't worry about paying it back. Actually right now I'm betting we're paying your Social Security check and Medicare. I'm pretty sure your Aricept is covered.

You're Welcome :wave:

Creeklover

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2007
I think that most of the tax has went to public safety and roads over the last few years. I remember when the whole county but DFS was all volunteer fire departments to include SOWAL. and you could go all day and not see the only deputy assigned to SOWAL. I do agree that if the county keeps cutting there will be a short fall in the emergancy services. It was the residents who did not protest the county geting rid of all the volunteer firefighters but 2 departments and putting understaffed fire stations in service in north walton (1 person to a fire truck).

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
With alzheimer's and at your age I wouldn't worry about paying it back. Actually right now I'm betting we're paying your Social Security check and Medicare. I'm pretty sure your Aricept is covered.

You're Welcome :wave:

Yes it comes the 3rd Wednesday of every month. I paid for the right to draw that for more years than you are old.

I assure you that I cannot live on that check - it won't even come close to paying my property taxes.

No I would have to live another 79 years to payback my share of the debt created since January. Sadly my grandchildrens children will still be paying that debt.

Your welcome !:bang:

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Yes it comes the 3rd Wednesday of every month. I paid for the right to draw that for more years than you are old.

I assure you that I cannot live on that check - it won't even come close to paying my property taxes.

No I would have to live another 79 years to payback my share of the debt created since January. Sadly my grandchildrens children will still be paying that debt.

Your welcome !:bang:

You aged 7 years pretty quick, must be the sun downers.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
You aged 7 years pretty quick, must be the sun downers.

Don't understand why you say I'm aging any differently than you. The 79 years is what i heard it would take to payoff the debt created since January.

Check your thought process.
Posted via Mobile Device

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Whew, good thing fuel prices, materials, and insurance rates haven't gone up since 2004. Good thing the, remaining, county employees dollar goes just as far as 2004.

Edit: Lord knows with the Census coming that the population hasn't grown either.

/sarcasm off/

SWGB, I said that the valuation is DOUBLE what it was in 2004. DOUBLE. You know, twice as much.

Have all of those things DOUBLED since 2004? Are there twice as many people now? Twice as many employees, who pay twice as much for groceries?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Does anyone know how this may affect the size of our county workforce/ service? With the possibility of fewer employees the services may be cut. I was looking at the cuts in FTE's in the budget and am curious if that included the millage as recently adopted? If not, how many of our employees will this be affecting. If this is going to be a big cut, I hope it is more than the approx $100 I saved on the properties. Maybe those Commissioners who bill us for travel from home to work will start returning the money. I wonder if those County employees realize how large a voter block they are, I bet they could really impact an election.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
According to the powerpoint, we are going to be 7.4 million short over last year. As I read it a .550 increase would have brought in the same monies.

Last edited:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Does anyone know how this may affect the size of our county workforce/ service? With the possibility of fewer employees the services may be cut. I was looking at the cuts in FTE's in the budget and am curious if that included the millage as recently adopted? If not, how many of our employees will this be affecting. If this is going to be a big cut, I hope it is more than the approx $100 I saved on the properties. Maybe those Commissioners who bill us for travel from home to work will start returning the money. I wonder if those County employees realize how large a voter block they are, I bet they could really impact an election.

Layoffs are already happening. And where there are no layoffs they are abolishing positions as attrition occurs. I hate to see people lose their jobs also. But when did it become my responsibility to pay more to government so that people could continue to work, other than GM, the banks, insurance companies, social security? So now I have to pay just a little bit more in property taxes so that all the current county employees can keep their jobs? Where does it end?