• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Best Burgers

New posts
iwishiwasthere said:
Krystal's, those greasy little onion filled gems....may not be top quality, but certainly comfort food. Great for eating and driving.
I was one of 22 cousins all roughly the same age on my Daddy's side of the family. Just for fun, we'd go to Krystal and see who could eat the most. My cousins Johnny and Ronnie tied at 24! I loved the mustard and onions - haven't been in ages.
 
I may be wrong and RO can clarify if I am, but I think Krystal's are based out of the Nooga. Seem to be more of them in this area than White Castle's.

In another life, I have been known to eat more than my share. :eek:
 
Kimmifunn said:
I can vouch for JG Melon. Bloody Marys are just as good.

They don't have Corner Bistro...To die for.
ditto on the corner bistro. i also love smith and wollensky's grill on 49th and 3rd. a great burger and fries at a very reasonable price !
 
My favorites:

1-The original Huey's in Midtown Memphis
2-Lion's Tap in Eden Prairie, MN

I'm sure there are lots other good ones...
 
TreeFrog said:
My favorites:

1-The original Huey's in Midtown Memphis
2-Lion's Tap in Eden Prairie, MN

I'm sure there are lots other good ones...

Huey's is one thing that we miss about Memphis. We lived in mid-town and called Huey's "the club". My favorite was the southwest burger - whole wheat bun and guacamole. It was a real easy and inexpensive place to take the family on a weeknight when we were too lazy to cook.

Thomas - are you reading this? Surely one of you wants the excuse to move down here and open a SoWal Hueys. :D

When we have visitors from Memphis, we always have a care package request -
Huey's seasoning, Rendesvouz BBQ seasoning and sauce, and Neely's BBQ sauce.
 
Rita said:

Let's get it planned! You do know that Keller's is in Dallas? Just funnin' ya! You can ride with me!
 
destindreamin said:
Let's get it planned! You do know that Keller's is in Dallas? Just funnin' ya! You can ride with me!

:floor: Yes... I did notice that.. :eek:

Your home was easy to get to with your superb directions. Ha! Of course I followed your directions.

You gotta come to Weston Gardens, especially if you like sculpture and native plants. We had a wine and cheese kickoff Friday eve (in the cold) and got to show off the night lighting in the gardens and a new sculpture exhibit.

BTW - Who's the cutie in your avatar?
 
goofer44 said:
ditto on the corner bistro. i also love smith and wollensky's grill on 49th and 3rd. a great burger and fries at a very reasonable price !
I just moved a few blocks from Corner Bistro. Haven't been since I moved downtown...but last time I was there, we were crammed into a table right next to Julianne Moore and her husband!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top