• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bonfires?

New posts

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Does anyone know if there will be bonfires on Grayton Beach this year? Last year, a local (RS) had one and everyone took their Christmas trees down to the beach for burning. This was on New Year's Eve, then another Gulfside dweller had wonderful fireworks. We would like to do this with the tree this year, if possible. I saw people missing from my life for years and years, including one distant cousin at that bonfire. Occurs to me that it would also be a good spot to gather with friends who are sharing the loss of several local residents this year. Well, I know that bonfire permits are a requirement and must be acquired in advance. So not possible for me to do this for this year. But if any of you are aware of the plans for bonfires, can you please post here? Thanks.
 
I don't know donna - but will holler at you if I hear of a bonfire being planned. wouldn't doubt it at all! we were at RS's bonfire last year too, and added our huge tree to several others. that was some huge massive fire, and a bit dangerous for some drunken souls and children (the pit was very large and deep to accomodate trees and at least one person almost fell in, I won't say who... :roll: )...

I remember the weather being pretty mild last year, very tolerable for being out on the beach at NYE. normally though its too cold for me, even with a huge bonfire.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top