• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
about-sympt.gif
[/font]

• [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A loss of personal and professional productivity[/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A loss of future motivation[/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An inability to delay gratification or tolerate frustration[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A false sense of entitlement[/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Low self-esteem[/font]​
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Low self-worth[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Loss of self-confidence[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preocupation with externals[/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Depression[/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Self-absorption
    [/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]High regard for outer self/low regard for inner self[/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Survivor's" guilt/shame [/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sudden wealth syndrome[/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sudden poverty syndrome[/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Workaholism[/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Addictions[/font]​
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Other compulsive-addictive behaviors: i.e. rampant materialism and consumerism[/font]​

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The psychological dynamics of affluenza are more complex, and more harmful, than one popularized definition of affluenza as merely "a rich person's disease." People across all socio-economic levels buy into the overriding value within our culture that money solves all problems, thus denial of money-related difficulties is supported by society. Many sufferers of affluenza hesitate to seek help. [/font]

Coast is Clear

Beach Lover
Jun 26, 2005
Atlanta/Seaside
As a message board 'virgin' and content lurker, I wanted to add some storage comments.

We have three teens who generate more storable junk than you can shake a stick at. It probably does not help I am a bit of a storer of do-it-yourself products. We just finished a house in Seaside and a KEY part of the plan was putting an outside storage closet on the house that accessed under the staircase. 3 bikes, beach chairs, umbrellas, tools, etc. all fit in a tightly sealed area.

Best move I ever made.

We had the same problem it seems. We looked and looked, and none of the houses had storage space. We finally found one that had storage for the owner under the stairs. We converted another closet. Couldn't do without them. Too much junk to haul back and forth from Atlanta.

hutch

Beach Lover
If you are building a new house. Ask your builder how much room is above the garage for storage. Most of the time there is a great deal of space that is closed off and never used. You may be able lay a sub floor and have a walk up stair case built in your garage. Another idea in under stairs to finish in as a closet.

yorkshireman

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
AMEN! Our special today is a Bland Sandwich with Chips (which really means fries)

As someone who lives in the UK who bought a lot in Rosemary last year with the intention to build a vacation home I am hoping that my fellow countrymen and the Eurotrash don't discover South Walton any time soon.

I like it the way it is. :razz:

Very unfair libel on our food by the way. You will be saying we don't have dentists next...

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
yorkshireman said:
As someone who lives in the UK who bought a lot in Rosemary last year with the intention to build a vacation home I am hoping that my fellow countrymen and the Eurotrash don't discover South Walton any time soon.

I like it the way it is. :razz:

Very unfair libel on our food by the way. You will be saying we don't have dentists next...

:lolabove:

Good beer. ;-)