• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Atl Beach Lover

Beach Crab
Feb 11, 2021
Atlanta
Can anyone recommend any good builders to speak to? I'm going to be in town this weekend and looking at pieces of land to build a house on. My realtor is looking to guide me towards one specific builder it seems and maybe I would use them, but I would like to at least speak to a few.

I'm looking to build in the 30A area, under $700K. Ideally a builder that would be more moderate and would work with me and provide recommendations to keep the cost controlled. Not looking for a free lunch either, but certainly not looking for someone geared towards more luxury or very high end.

Let me know if you have any recommendations.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Can anyone recommend any good builders to speak to? I'm going to be in town this weekend and looking at pieces of land to build a house on. My realtor is looking to guide me towards one specific builder it seems and maybe I would use them, but I would like to at least speak to a few.

I'm looking to build in the 30A area, under $700K. Ideally a builder that would be more moderate and would work with me and provide recommendations to keep the cost controlled. Not looking for a free lunch either, but certainly not looking for someone geared towards more luxury or very high end.

Let me know if you have any recommendations.

Gage Contracting Florida ~ Custom Home Building ~ Panhandle Florida

Ralph is a great contractor, very honest and has a lot of experience. I don't know what his schedule looks like, but I would give him a call or send him an email about your project. Good luck!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Demand is very high right now so don't expect a lot of builders to want to meet right now unless they are picking up a check or a signed contract.

In addition keep in mind that due to a huge demand for building and recent hurricanes the overall cost of building has sky rocketed.

Ultimately check with the state to verify a license and make sure a contractor doesn't have any complaints.

makoman82

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2017
Inlet Beach
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a related question. Does anyone know the appx cost per square foot to build a moderate finished home? Particularly north of Hwy 98. Last home I had built was on 30a in 2018. It was a 2 story beach cottage style, finishes approximate to Seacrest beach style exterior and interior, and construction cost was $165/sqft for a 2,000 square foot home. Thanks!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a related question. Does anyone know the appx cost per square foot to build a moderate finished home? Particularly north of Hwy 98. Last home I had built was on 30a in 2018. It was a 2 story beach cottage style, finishes approximate to Seacrest beach style exterior and interior, and construction cost was $165/sqft for a 2,000 square foot home. Thanks!

Location doesn't really matter. The issue is that labor and materials are at all time highs.

makoman82

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2017
Inlet Beach
Yeah
Location doesn't really matter. The issue is that labor and materials are at all time highs.
roger, thats what I'm trying to get an idea of. Current cost to build (appx range) due to those factors. But when getting quotes in 2018 there were several builders who added the "30a" tax to their pricing...it does happen in our area.