• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Childrens Political Books

New posts

Mango

SoWal Insider
As I was looking around at childrens books that might help a child learn about the Election Process and Government, I ran across a bunch of books that could really screw up your child's head. Here are some wonderful holiday gifts that just will keep on giving and maybe when a child reaches of legal age, they just might move to Canada or some remote island. I've broken them down into separate posts, both Conservative and Liberal.



LiberalsUnderMyBed.jpg


This full-color illustrated book is a fun way for parents to teach young children the valuable lessons of conservatism. Written in simple text, readers can follow along with Tommy and Lou as they open a lemonade stand to earn money for a swing set. But when liberals start demanding that Tommy and Lou pay half their money in taxes, take down their picture of Jesus, and serve broccoli with every glass of lemonade, the young brothers experience the downside to living in Liberaland.

HillaryCaptionContestCloseup2.JPG




and from the same author, although I would suggest this one after Xmas as to not scare the bejeebus out a child.


11599453.jpg


Product Description
Johnny and Luke loved being in Miss Bardin's third-grade class -- especially at Christmas time, when the class put on its annual pageant, complete with a nativity scene and even an obliging donkey! But when Senator Weary, Al Snore, Congresswoman Clunkton and the whole 9th Circuit court show up demanding an end to the fun and festivities in the name of diversity, global warming, and stinky French cheese, all is almost lost until Johnny, Luke and an unexpected hero armed with a mysterious piece of paper unite to save Christmas.

From the Publisher
The kids' series that Hillary hates is back! Katharine DeBrecht and illustrator Jim Hummel, the team that brought you the first two "Help! Mom!" books -- There are Liberals Under My Bed! and Hollywood's in My Hamper! -- return with their funniest, most outrageous adventure yet. Like every "Help! Mom!" book, The 9th Circuit Nabbed the Nativity has something for kids and parents alike.

Young readers will love following along with the lively story and full-color pictures while singing the ridiculous (but very politically correct) new lyrics for

The First Noel: ~The First Toenail, the Liberals did say Was that the harder people work The more taxes they pay~
 
Yep, corny as corny gets, and they could have done without the No, we can't and John in nose shot of a Mastedons arse.

"Mama Voted for Obama" story by Jeremy Zilber, Pictures by Geg Zimmell

  • This colorful book of rhythm
    and rhyme is a fun and easy
    way to make sure your kids
    know you made the right
    choice in 2008!
More screen shots here >>> http://littledemocrats.net/Obama.html
 
and for those who need a good book to debunk global warming.........
{I bet dollars to donuts this is definitely in the Wasilla library} :biggrin:

51zuu46BA0L._AA240_.jpg
 
I have no problems teaching children how government works and educating about the election process, but to start teaching children partisan political ideals is just wrong.
 
I have no problems teaching children how government works and educating about the election process, but to start teaching children partisan political ideals is just wrong.

Agreed. Ugh to all of the above.

It's a sticky subject all around. The school system had a mock vote and both my boys (3rd grader, kindergartener) participated. We did not tell them how to vote. I tried to discuss the topic fairly with the kids but it was still fraught with landmines.

For example, when trying to explain to my 3rd grader how reasonable people can disagree so completely on these things, I pointed out to him that most of the military seemed to be supporting McCain while a majority of teachers were supporting Obama. Since these are two groups that we hold in the highest regard in our family, I thought that was a pretty good example. Then my kindergartener -- little pitchers have big ears -- went to school and told his friends that all the teachers were voting for Obama. Whoops. :shock:

I am glad it is over now. :bang:
 
Isn't Michelle Malkin the one who has broken other hard hitting stories - like that Rachel Ray is a terrorist because of the scarf she uses to accessorize? :roll:
 
Legitimate?

This has supposedly been "reported" since November 6th. However I can't find a single legitimate news source covering this. By legitimate I mean an organization that isn't a blog. Not one hit for AP, Fox News, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, or MSNBC.


If you had lived through the Katrina aftermath in New Orleans as I did, and then watched the media's portrayal. You would know that there are few legitimate news sources.

However. This is the Fayetevill Observer, and the County's own school district web site.

http://www.ccs.k12.nc.us/

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=309848

No need to be paranoid that this will reflect on Obama. It really has nothing to do with him, however it is a reflection of what the NTU has made of our schools.
 
If you had lived through the Katrina aftermath in New Orleans as I did, and then watched the media's portrayal. You would know that there are few legitimate news sources.

However. This is the Fayetevill Observer, and the County's own school district web site.

http://www.ccs.k12.nc.us/

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=309848

No need to be paranoid that this will reflect on Obama. It really has nothing to do with him, however it is a reflection of what the NTU has made of our schools.

Thanks for the additional sources. I'm not paranoid about anything. This reflects badly only on the teacher, but I just wasn't sure if this wasn't staged. It's quite rediculous how this teacher acted so my personal conclusion was that it was staged or taken out of context. By taken out of context I mean that it could have been a training video in how not to talk about politics in the classroom.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top